How to upgrade End User Monitoring (EUM) Agent?
Currently, we don't have an update manager for the EUM Agent. Therefore, you need to uninstall the old agent and install the new EUM Agent.
Steps to upgrade EUM Agent:
- Take a backup of <EUMAgent_Home>/conf/ folder and place it outside the EUM_Agent home folder.
- Uninstall the Old EUM Agent.
- Follow these steps and install the new EUM Agent.
- Do not select the "Launch the End User Monitoring Agent Now" option in the installation shield.
- Do not start the EUM agent
- Do not start the agent service or run the StartServer.bat in case of Windows.
- Do not run the StartServer.sh in case of Linux.
- If Proxy was configured earlier,
- In AppServer.xml file, update the values of proxyType, proxy_host, proxy_port, proxy_user keys as in the backup file. If proxy has authentication, add a key proxy_pass and update its value with proxy password and save the changes.
- If Chrome playback was enabled earlier,
- In geckoprops.conf file, update the value of chromeDriverPath key as in the backupfile and save the changes.
- If Edge playback was enabled earlier,
- In geckoprops.conf file, update the value of edgeDriverPath key as in the backupfile and save the changes.
- Start the EUM Agent.
- To verify if the EUM Agent has been upgraded successfully, access the EUM Agent web console (http://agenthost:agentport/)
EUM Agent version and Applications Manager connectivity status can be seen in the EUM Agent UI.
- Agent version can be seen in Application Manager UI under User Experience tab -> Locations
- EUM Agent will be mapped to the Applications Manager whose host and port details were provided in the installation shield during installation.
Other help links:
New to ADSelfService Plus?
End User Monitoring (EUM) - Frequently asked questions
How to access EUM Agent Settings page? Unable to Login End User Monitoring Agent? EUM Agent not mapped to Applications Manager. What should I do? How to Change Applications Manager hostname and port in EUM Agent for login? How to change AppManager ...
Setup EUM Agent as Service in Ubuntu 16 and above
All the steps mentioned below should be performed with root user privilege. 1. Steps to register EUM Agent as of service on a Linux box Copy the attached EUMAgent.sh file to /etc/init.d/ directory. Rename the file as "EUMAgent" after moving Edit and ...
EUM Agent Troubleshooting
1. EUM Agent not mapped to Applications Manager. What should I do? If EUM Agent is not mapped, troubleshoot the problem by following the steps given below : Verify whether the EUM Agent is up and running. Check if you can reach the Applications ...
Enable TLS 1.2 alone in the EUM Agent
Follow the below steps to enable TLS1.2 alone (disable TLS 1 & 1.1) Open the file server.xml present under EUMAgent\conf\backup folder. Search for the term 'SSLEnabled="true" '. Add the parameter 'sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" ' to the end of that ...
Real User Monitoring Agent - Frequently asked questions
How to change Applications Manager details in RUM Agent? Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor. Update Applications Manager hostname in apm.host key. Update Applications Manager SSL Port ...