How to enable HTTPS connection between end user and RUM Agent?
By default end user data will be collected and sent via HTTP connection to RUM Agent. To enable HTTPS connection you should have an valid SSL Certificate (keystore file basically), not a self signed certificate.
- Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor.
- Search for apm.rum.isHttps key in file, set the value as true and save the changes.
- Copy the keystore file which has your SSL Certificate into the <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/sslcerts/ directory.
- Open the rumagent.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/sslcerts/ directory in any text editor.
- Update your keystore file name in keystore key.
- Remove the key encryptedkeypass (if present).
- Update your keystore password in keypass key and save the changes.
- Default RUM Agent SSL port is 8444.
- To change it, replace the existing port number with new port number in sslservers.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory.
- Save all the changes.
- Restart RUM Agent.
- Access https://hostname:sslport in browser and check if Agent has started and accessible properly on SSL port.
- Now replace agentprotocol as https and agentport with SSL port in the RUM script generated by Applications Manager.
Using an self signed or untrusted certificate will affect data collection of the Real User Monitor.
Note: If you import any certificate in the RUM agent, ensure that the keystore password & keystore certificate password are the same.
- Convert Certificate and Key (Private) into a keystore file
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
Real User Monitoring Agent - Frequently asked questions
How to change Applications Manager details in RUM Agent? Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor. Update Applications Manager hostname in apm.host key. Update Applications Manager SSL Port ...
How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
By default, Real User Monitor does not show ISP data of end user. To get ISP data, you can make use of any third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM supports only APIs that return the response in JSON format. When you have purchased any Geolocation ...
Self monitor Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring
We can monitor the Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring with a Java Script injection and this can be used to measure the Applications Manager's performance continuously. All you need is to install and setup the Real User Monitoring (RUM) ...
Troubleshooting URL Monitor
Here are few of the common errors you may come across in URL monitor, we have mentioned the steps you can follow to troubleshoot them. General troubleshooting for URL monitor Ensure that the URL is accessible from the server in which Applications ...