How to enable HTTPS connection between end user and RUM Agent?
By default end user data will be collected and sent via HTTP connection to RUM Agent. To enable HTTPS connection you should have an valid SSL Certificate (keystore file basically), not a self signed certificate.
- Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor.
- Search for apm.rum.isHttps key in file, set the value as true and save the changes.
- Copy the keystore file which has your SSL Certificate into the <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/sslcerts/ directory.
- Open the rumagent.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/sslcerts/ directory in any text editor.
- Update your keystore file name in keystore key.
- Remove the key encryptedkeypass (if present).
- Update your keystore password in keypass key and save the changes.
- Default RUM Agent SSL port is 8444.
- To change it, replace the existing port number with new port number in sslservers.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory.
- Save all the changes.
- Restart RUM Agent.
- Access https://hostname:sslport in browser and check if Agent has started and accessible properly on SSL port.
- Now replace agentprotocol as https and agentport with SSL port in the RUM script generated by Applications Manager.
Using an self signed or untrusted certificate will affect data collection of the Real User Monitor.
Note: If you import any certificate in the RUM agent, ensure that the keystore password & keystore certificate password are the same.
- Convert Certificate and Key (Private) into a keystore file
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for a long time, follow the steps below for troubleshooting: Step 1: Check prerequisites to be done Real User Monitor requires the RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to the Applications Manager. Refer the help ...
How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
The default setting of the Real User Monitor does not display ISP data for the end user. To obtain ISP data, you have the option to use a third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM exclusively supports APIs that provide responses in JSON format. ...
Real User Monitoring Agent - Frequently asked questions
How to change Applications Manager details in RUM Agent? Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor. Update Applications Manager hostname in apm.host key. Update Applications Manager SSL Port ...
Self monitor Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring
We can monitor the Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring with a Java Script injection and this can be used to measure the Applications Manager's performance continuously. All you need is to install and setup the Real User Monitoring (RUM) ...
How to upgrade Real User Monitoring Agent?
Currently, we don't have an update manager for the RUM Agent. Therefore, you need to uninstall the old agent and install the new RUM Agent. Steps to upgrade RUM Agent Take a backup of <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ folder and place it outside of the RUM_Agent ...