Error : Unable to fetch Exchange Queues as CredSSP authentication is needed
This error occurs in Exchange Server monitor for non-mailbox roles when Queues monitoring is enabled. This usually occurs when the Applications Manager-installed server and the Exchange Server are present in different domains. You need to use CredSSP authentication to delegate the credentials to fetch the Queues data. Follow the below steps to resolve the issue:
- Check whether the prerequisites for enabling CredSSP authentication are implemented.
- If the connection is successful, go to the Edit monitor page of the Exchange Server monitor, then enable the "Use CredSSP Authentication" check box and update the monitor.
- Now poll the monitor and check whether the Queues data is collected.
- If you still face any error, open an admin PowerShell window in the Applications Manager-installed server. Navigate to <Applications Manager Home>\working\conf\application\scripts\powershell directory and execute the below command by replacing hostname, username, and password with that of the reported Exchange server:
.\EX_Queues.ps1 'hostname' 'username' 'password' 'Credssp'
- Get the output and copy it to a text file.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Error : Unable to fetch Exchange Queues
If this error occurs in the Exchange Server monitor, follow the below steps: Check whether all the prerequisites for Exchange server are implemented. For non-mailbox roles, if CredSSP authentication is enabled, check whether the prerequisites for ...
Enabling CredSSP authentication
Why is CredSSP needed? CredSSP delegates the users' credentials from one computer to another remote computer. Use CredSSP authentication when the Remote Server is present in a different domain other than that of the Applications Manager server ...
Error : Unable to create remote PowerShell session
If this error occurs in Exchange Server monitor, follow the below steps: Check whether all the prerequisites for Exchange server are implemented. For Queues monitoring in non-mailbox roles, if CredSSP authentication is enabled, check whether ...
Troubleshooting errors in Exchange Online (PowerShell Mode)
Prerequisites: Ensure that you have met all the prerequisites for the Microsoft 365 monitor. From Applications Manager version 16300 onwards, Microsoft 365 monitor will use Microsoft Graph API as the primary mode of data collection. We have migrated ...
GCP - Unable to fetch resources. (or) Error fetching resources
This error occurs when Applications Manager is unable to fetch the resources for the particular service from the selected project. Troubleshooting: In the GCP console, go to APIs & Services → Library. Check if the APIs related to the particular ...