Community and Support
Submit a Ticket
Applying mail server's certificate in ServiceDesk Plus
To establish a secure connection between ServiceDesk Plus and email servers configured with a self-signed certificate, follow these steps:
1. Download the attached file.
2. Extract the files to the ServiceDesk Plus directory.
3. The files will now be in the following location:
gencert.bat under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk directory.
Cert.jar should be under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\lib directory.
4. Click the Windows icon and select Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
5. Go to ServiceDesk and run gencert.bat [Mail Server IP]:[Mail protocol port]
Type 1 when you are prompted with an exception PKIX.
6. Move the 'jssecacerts' file created to the location [your drive]: ManageEngine\Servicedesk\jre\lib\security folder
7.Start the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus service from the services console(services.msc).
8.Save the incoming mail server settings (under Admin > Mail Server Settings) and click Start Fetching.
If the emails are not fetched, generate the support file and mail it to
. To create the support file, go to Support or Community > Support File.
mail fetching issue
Updated: 31 Jan 2018 12:09 AM
Help us to make this article better
Cert Generation for Windows and Linux OS
List of mail fetching issues and solutions
ServiceDesk Plus in the MickeyLite framework
How to migrate ServiceDesk Plus from one server to another
How to Export SSL certificate using MMC?
Help Desk Software
by Zoho Desk