OpManager supports only UCS Manager. It doesn't support Cisco Integrated Control Manager. You can check this by accessing the below URL,
The page that opens up should be the UCS Manager and the customer should have administrator privileges.
UCS monitoring in OpManager is done using API(not SNMP) and it needs the account(login) details to connect UCS API. The port number is based on the actual configuration in UCS module for http/https access. By default for http it is 80 and for https it is 443.
To add an UCS, you will need to go to the new API client and then Setting-->Discovery-->Add UCS to add an UCS.
For UCS components :
For UCS based alerting :
If you have any issues based on the UCS device addition failure/discovery, we can run a test program to see if there are any issues :
Here is the test program for UCS :
1. Extract the UCSTest.zip
under <OpManager home>. It will create UCSTestfolder under opmanager home folder.
ie) <OpManager Home>\UCSTest.
2. Then open the UCS.properties file under UCSTest and configure the below details and save.
UCSNAME=<UCS Ip Address>
3. Open a command prompt and go to the location <OpManager home>\UCSTest. Then call Run.bat.
4. Send us the Screen shot of command prompt & <OpManager home>\UCSTest\xmlOutPut.xml file.
5. Again, Open a command prompt and go to the location <OpManager home>\UCSTest. Then call RunTLSV1.bat
6. Send us the Screen shot of command prompt & <OpManager home>\UCSTest\xmlOutPut.xml file.
P.S : Need separate output for Run.bat and RunTLSV1.bat