WMI-Configure Non-Admin User Account for WMI based Monitors
1)Add the user(s) in question to the Performance Monitor Users group
3) Run dcomcnfg.exe
- Under Services and Applications, bring up the properties dialog of WMI Control
- In the Security tab, highlight Root\CIMV2, click Security; add Performance Monitor Users and enable the options :
Enable Account and
- At Component Services > Computers > My Computer, in the COM security tab of the Properties dialog click "Edit Limits" for both Access Permissions and Launch and Activation Permission.
- Add Performance Monitor Users and allow Remote Access, Remote Launch, and Remote Activation.
4)In the same dcomcnfg.exe, Select Windows Management Instrumentation under Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config and give Remote Launch and Remote Activation privileges to Performance Monitor Users Group.
- As an alternatively to step 3 and 4, one can assign the user to the group Distributed COM Users.
- If the user needs access to all the namespaces, you can set the settings in 2. at the Root level, and recurse the permissions to the sub-namespaces via the Advanced window in Security.