To monitor a WebLogic server, Applications Manager needs to register an MBean in the WebLogic server. This error message is shown when Applications Manager is unable to register the MBean.
1. Ping Applications Manager’s server name from the machine in which Applications Manager is running. Check if the IP address is 127.0.0.1.
2. If ping <AppManager_Host> returns 127.0.0.1, WebLogic will not be able to get the required configuration from Applications Manager.
3. If the ping does not return 127.0.0.1, check the entry in the system's <hosts> file which can be found at :
4. Check whether AppManager is accessible from the WebLogic server's host machine, i.e., check if 'http://<ApplicationsManager hostname>:<portNumber>' is reachable.
5. Check whether any errors or exceptions are thrown in the WebLogic logs.