This post describes the use of a deluge script to update requests based on values given a global function, namely "request_properties". This action can be performed using Custom Triggers.
We have a Service template for account lockout/password reset. We need to add resolution in these requests so that the technician need not manually type the resolution every time while resolving a request. They can predefine resolution template for it but again the technician will have to select it manually.
We can achieve this using the custom trigger.
For example, If you need to add a resolution automatically as soon as the technician changes the status of the request as 'resolved', we can update the resolution content in a custom global function. When the technician changes the status to resolved, this script invokes and the resolution is added based on the value given in the global function.
Likewise, we can update the other fields by updating the global function.
1. Download the attachments.
2. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Global Function > New > Paste the contents of configuration.txt
3. Update the application URL, the technician API key in the configuration.txt
4. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Global Function > New > Paste the contents of request_properties.txt
5. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Custom Function > New > Paste the contents of update_request.txt
6. Update the global function count as per your instance.
7. Configure the script under the Admin -> Request Custom Triggers, like shown below.