Unable to connect to the application
- Check whether the web interface is accessible from the server?
- Is the URL accessible? Check if there are any errors?
- Can you connect to the application using the server's IP address?
- Are there any errors when you start the application from Windows services?
- Were there any recent changes in hardware or software on the server?
- Has there been any unexpected crashes or power outage?
- Check whether the service is running in the Services & Task Manager (java.exe and multiple Pgsql.exe processes)
- Stop the services and check if above-specified processes are still listed, if so then End above processes manually?
- If the postgres.exe process keeps regenerating, then use C:\Manageengine\ServiceDesk\bin\stopDB.bat
- Start the application from the command prompt, C:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\bin\run.bat
- Find the error and click on the respective errors to troubleshoot,
List of mail fetching issues and solutions
Scenario 1 : Mail fetching issue due to Invalid or No PKIX certificate . Log traces for Mail Fetching issues Exception when connecting to store.|javax.mail.MessagingException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: ...
Failed to start the database
For the error "Failed to start the database", Check what database being used and, execute changeDBServer.bat. For Pgsql, Start PGSQL from the command link, execute StartDB.bat 65432 under C:\Manageengine\ServiceDesk\bin 65432 is the default port ...
How to customize MailFetching Connectivity issue Notification
MailFetching connectivity issue
How to connect to the ServiceDesk database?
Open command prompt on the server and change the directory to MangeEngine\ServiceDesk\bin, invoke the batch file 'changeDBServer.bat' For MSSQL database Connect to the query analyzer of the SQL server and execute the queries. For PostgreSQL database ...
Asset Scan Issues
1. Either access denied for the user or the remote DCOM option might be disabled in the workstation. 2. User does not have the access privileges to perform this operation. 3. One of the WMI components is not registered properly. 4. Execution failure ...