UDP Port Monitor - Troubleshooting
How do we monitor UDP Port?
- UDP is a connectionless protocol which doesn't send any acknowledgement on connecting to the UDP port like TCP.
- When UDP port is not open system will send ICMP port unreachable message. The Issue is when the UDP port is blocked by a firewall system will not send ICMP port unreachable message. So we cannot use this method directly for checking port availability which will lead to an incorrect availability report.
- To overcome above issue we need to send a command to the Service and expect the response back within the given timeout period with which we can confirm the UDP port availability.
- Note - Command varies based on the Application Service monitored
Not able to add UDP Port Monitor
Check if the service you tend to monitor is up and accessible from the server where Applications Manager is installed.
Make sure that the service returns response for the command provided within the given timeout period.
- When there is no response from the server, try increasing timeout value and check.
- To check the response from the Service search for below lines in stdout.txt file
- resourceId :: UDPPortDataCollector :: doDataCollection() :: Response from the server
UDP Port Monitor can not monitor TCP ports. Make sure that the port provided is an UDP port.
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
Troubleshooting URL Monitor
Here are few of the common errors you may come across in URL monitor, we have mentioned the steps you can follow to troubleshoot them. General troubleshooting for URL monitor Ensure that the URL is accessible from the server in which Applications ...
How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
By default, Real User Monitor does not show ISP data of end user. To get ISP data, you can make use of any third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM supports only APIs that return the response in JSON format. When you have purchased any Geolocation ...
IIS Server monitor - Troubleshooting steps
Unable to add IIS Server monitor Follow the below given below to add an IIS server monitor in Applications Manager: First, check whether all the prerequisites are done. Check the IIS Server URL is accessible from Applications Manager server. If your ...
No data available or error in Port Connectivity table in Microsoft Dynamics CRM / 365 (On-Premise) monitor
If no data available or error in Port Connectivity table in Microsoft Dynamics CRM / 365 (On-Premise) monitor, follow the below steps for troubleshooting: Open powershell in administrator mode in the Applications Manager-installed machine. Go ...