Traps not received in OpManager
Please check below for the possible reasons for not receiving the traps and its corresponding resolution.
1. Trap port might be occupied in opmanager server. ---> Make sure the that trap port of OpManager is not occupied by trap service of Operating System (ie) port 162 should be free. If not free it and restart opmanager.
2. Device might not be monitored in OpManager. --> Device should be added in OpManager to receive the traps from that device.
3. Trap destination might be wrong --> OpManager server should be the trap destination for the device which sends traps.
If the issue persists, follow the steps below to check whether the trap is received properly on the OpManager server.
1. Stop OpManager. Make sure the port 162 is not occupied.
2. Open the file MibBrowser.bat located under \OpManager\bin folder.
3. Go to View --> Trap Viewer and check whether the traps are received properly.
4. If the traps are not received in the trap receiver, the traps are not reaching the OpManager server and you can sort that problem which will make OpManager receive the traps.
5. If you are receiving the traps on the trap processors and not on OpManager, please go to Support --> Support information file and generate the logs and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the problem. We will check the logs and give you an update.
REMOVING UNSOLICITED TRAPS FROM OPMANAGER DATABASE
Connect to OpManager database and execute the below query : Refer the link below to connect to OpManager database : https://support.zoho.com/portal/manageengine/helpcenter/articles/connecting-to-the-opmanager-database 1. Run this command from the ...
Difference between SNMP monitors and Traps
S.No SNMP Monitors Traps 1 Pull Model: OpManager sends SNMP request to the SNMP agent running on the monitored device and receives the response. Push Model: Monitored device(SNMP agent) sends messages in the form of traps to the trap ...
How to Receive SNMP informs in OpManager?
SNMP Notifications can be sent as Traps or Inform requests. Traps are unreliable because the Manager does not send any acknowledgment on receiving the Trap. So, the Agent cannot determine whether the Trap was received by the Manager or not. However, ...
Pre-Requisites For OpManager Implementation
Here are some of the pre-requisites for OpManager implementation : 1. Server (Physical\Virtual) to install OpManager application (One server for a standalone and multiple servers for Enterprise edition) according to the hardware requirement below, ...
Alarm severity levels in OpManager
OpManager has four different severity levels for the alarms. Severity levels of device down alarms (availability monitoring) are already predefined. Here is the list with the severity and the events which will trigger the alarms with these severity : ...