Steps to revert the environment from an upgrade failure situation ?
1. Rename the failed set up installation folder to <supportcenter_old> . Don't delete the installation folder until the process is completed.
Download the existing version which you had before this upgrade from the below archives link.
2. Install the same build in the server.
3. Start and Shut down the application once.
4. Open a command prompt and navigate into <supportcenter>/bin directory
5. Execute restoreData.bat to restore the existing database.
Once you executed the above batch file, a pop-up will be shown, Choose the proper working database which you have already to start the restore process.
If you have mssql backup taken(.bak) file already, please restore it and you can just connect this instance to that database with this new instance.
6. Once the process is completed, Start the application.
If you've taken a snapshot of the application server and the database server before the upgrade, please restore the snapshot of the servers.
It would be of great help if you can send us the complete log folder (present under <supportcenter>/server/default/log folder) from the upgrade failed instance that will help us identify the root cause of the failure and in turn help us improve the upgrade tool. You can send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to build a test environment and try upgrade in SupportCenter Plus ?
When you are planning to upgrade SupportCenter Plus to the latest version, it is highly advisable to try the upgrade on the test environment first so that you will be confident about the upgrade on the Production server. Make sure the test setup is ...
How to upgrade SupportCenter Plus instance ?
Users who wants to upgrade the Supportcenter Plus instance needs to proceed with the following steps : Building a test environment is must while upgrading SupportCenter Plus. It is highly advisable to try the upgrade on the test environment first so ...
11.0 Upgrade failure Inputs needed for analysis
To analyze Supportcenter plus upgrade failure cases (Upgrade from 8121 - to 11.0 version), we need following types of logs. 1) If upgrade itself got failed -> need SCP\server\default\log for analysis 2) After upgrade, if the product does not start, ...
How to restore the database of supportcenter plus in a new instance?
1. Find out the build number of the live server. You can know it from About Product (inside ? icon)in the top right of the user interface. 2. Download the same version from the below link * http://archives.manageengine.com/support-center/ ...
To rebrand the SupportCenter name
To rebrand the SupportCenter name to a desired one. Navigate to C:\\ManageEngine\\SupportCenter\\server\\default\\conf and edit the file named rebrandInfo.xml and rename to your company name.