Show request attributes in Task Subject / Description
To show the request field values such as Request Type, Status etc., or the additional field values in the Task subject/description.
When a task is triggered from a request, it should contain the request details (configured) in the Subject/Description of the task. This will enable to task technician to quickly view the request information in the task.
Please follow the below steps.
- Goto Admin > Task Custom Functions > Global function > New > Paste the content from the attachment 1. Global function_5.txt and save it with a name.
- Update the URL and integration key in the script.
- You can get the integration key under Admin > Integrations > Integration Key > New
- Please use an integration key with admin privilege, as there wont be any role related permission issues.
- Update the integration key in the global function.
- Goto Admin > Task Custom Functions > Global function > New > Paste the content from the attachment (3. global_function14.txt) and save it with a name. Modify the return type and the parameter as in the attached screenshot. (4. global_function14 configuration)
- Goto Admin > Task Custom Functions > Global function > New > Paste the content from the attachment global_function15.txt and save it with a name. Modify the return type, parameter, and the global function name in the attached screenshot.(6. global_function15 configuration)
- Go to Admin --> Task Custom Functions. Create a new function.
- Refer to the attached script. (7. taskupdate_deluge.txt.)
- Modify the global functions in the script.
- Refer to the attached screenshot. (8. taskupdate_deluge configuration)
- Update the task template as in the attached screenshot. (9. Task template configuration). There should be a space before and after the variable.
- Configure Task custom trigger as in the attached screenshot. (10. Task Custom trigger configuration)
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Closed request with pending task
This report is used to get all completed request with the pending task. To make any changes to a query, refer to the KB article below. https://pitstop.manageengine.com/support/manageengine/ShowHomePage.do#Solutions/dv/24000633501275 SELECT ...
Update Task description with Request description.
Requirement: Copy the request description content to all the associated task description. Usecase: When a task is triggered from a request, it should contain the request description in the description of the task. This will enable task technician to ...
How to automatically create a task in a Change Request.
This is a sample script to create a task in a Change Request based on the values given in certain fields. This is done by using an API call to create a task in ServiceDesk Plus. The task can also be created in a request, problem, project or a ...
Task Comments and Description
This report is used to find the task comments and Description. To make any changes to a query, refer to the KB article below. https://pitstop.manageengine.com/support/manageengine/ShowHomePage.do#Solutions/dv/24000633501275 SELECT taskdet.TASKID AS ...
Update Requester from Request Description
Usecase: When a request is submitted on behalf of a user via email, the request description includes the requester's full name. This must be parsed in order to update the ticket requester. Steps to follow: Goto Admin > Request Custom Functions > ...