Setup EUM Agent as Service in Ubuntu 16 and above
All the steps mentioned below should be performed with root user privilege.
1. Steps to register EUM Agent as of service on a Linux box
- Copy the attached EUMAgent.sh file to /etc/init.d/ directory.
- Rename the file as "EUMAgent" after moving
- Edit and set the right EUM Agent's location (in two places) which should point to the Home folder of EUM Agent Installation directory.
- For example, if the installation folder on a Linux box is /opt/ME/EUMAgent, then the value should be /opt/ME/EUMAgent
- Provide executable permission for this script file using the below command
- chmod 755 /etc/init.d/EUMAgent
- Add "EUMAgent" to the list of services using the below command
- update-rc.d EUMAgent defaults
2. Steps to make EUM Agent service start automatically on machine restart
- Download the attached EUMAgent.service file and place it under /etc/systemd/system/ directory
- Provide executable permission for the file using the below command
- chmod 755 /etc/systemd/system/EUMAgent.service
- Enable the EUM Agent service using the below command
- systemctl enable /etc/systemd/system/EUMAgent.service
EUM Agent is registered and enabled as a service on the Linux machine and from now it will start automatically on machine reboot or restart.
To start the EUM Agent as a service, use the below command
systemctl start AppManager.service
To stop the EUM Agent running as a service, use the below command
systemctl stop AppManager.service
Setup Applications Manager as Service in Ubuntu 16 and above
Follow the steps mentioned below to install AppManager as a service on a Linux box. Copy the attached AppManagerLinuxService file to /etc/init.d directory as the file "AppManager" Edit the MDIR variable in this file (in two locations) which should ...
End User Monitoring (EUM) - Frequently asked questions
Unable to Login End User Monitoring Agent? Make sure Applications Manager (to which EUM Agent is mapped) is reachable from the machine where EUM server is running. Setup proxy, if proxy is required to connect to Applications Manager. Check this to ...
RBM - Enabling the Playback using Microsoft Edge browser
Note: Please note that playback using the Microsoft Edge browser is possible only in a Windows server with Microsoft Edge installed on it Please find the below steps to enable the Playback using Microsoft Edge in an EUM Agent: Download the EUM Agent ...
EUM Agent - Allowing multiple agents with same host name
Question: How do I assign multiple agents with same host name? Answer: You have the option to allow multiple agents with same host name under EUM Agent. When should one select this option? This option is provided mainly for a network which has ...
When should I restart the agent service?
The agent service should be restarted whenever a change is made in the Applications Manager settings in the config dialog. When the agent first contacts Applications Manager, an apminsight.net.info file will be creates in ...