Setup EUM Agent as Service in Ubuntu 16 and above
All the steps mentioned below should be performed with root user privilege.
1. Steps to register EUM Agent as of service on a Linux box
- Copy the attached EUMAgent.sh file to /etc/init.d/ directory.
- Rename the file as "EUMAgent" after moving
- Edit and set the right EUM Agent's location (in two places) which should point to the Home folder of EUM Agent Installation directory.
- For example, if the installation folder on a Linux box is /opt/ME/EUMAgent, then the value should be /opt/ME/EUMAgent
- Provide executable permission for this script file using the below command
- chmod 755 /etc/init.d/EUMAgent
- Add "EUMAgent" to the list of services using the below command
- update-rc.d EUMAgent defaults
2. Steps to make EUM Agent service start automatically on machine restart
- Download the attached EUMAgent.service file and place it under /etc/systemd/system/ directory
- Provide executable permission for the file using the below command
- chmod 755 /etc/systemd/system/EUMAgent.service
- Enable the EUM Agent service using the below command
- systemctl enable /etc/systemd/system/EUMAgent.service
EUM Agent is registered and enabled as a service on the Linux machine and from now it will start automatically on machine reboot or restart.
To start the EUM Agent as a service, use the below command
systemctl start EUMAgent.service
To stop the EUM Agent running as a service, use the below command
systemctl stop EUMAgent.service
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Setup Applications Manager as Service in Ubuntu 16 and above
From v16140 : Support to install and start Applications Manager as a wrapper service in Linux platforms is provided within the product. For more information, see Starting Applications Manager as a Linux Service. Follow the steps mentioned below to ...
Enable TLS 1.2 alone in the EUM Agent
Follow the below steps to enable TLS1.2 alone (disable TLS 1 & 1.1) Open the file server.xml present under EUMAgent\conf\backup folder. Search for the term 'SSLEnabled="true" '. Add the parameter 'sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" ' to the end of that ...
How to upgrade End User Monitoring (EUM) Agent?
Currently, we don't have an update manager for the EUM Agent. Therefore, you need to uninstall the old agent and install the new EUM Agent. Steps to upgrade EUM Agent: Take a backup of <EUMAgent_Home>/conf/ folder and place it outside the EUM_Agent ...
EUM Agent Troubleshooting
1. EUM Agent not mapped to Applications Manager. What should I do? If EUM Agent is not mapped, troubleshoot the problem by following the steps given below : Verify whether the EUM Agent is up and running. Check if you can reach the Applications ...
How to access EUM Agent Settings page?
Accessing EUM Agent Settings page Access the EUM Agent Settings page by accessing the http://<EUM Agent Host>:<port> URL. Default EUM Agent port will be 9999. The port can be found in eumPorts.conf file present under the <EUM Agent Home>/conf ...