Server IP groups in ManageEngine CloudDNS
What is a Server IP Group?
A Server IP group is a quick-curated list of designated server IPs deployed only for the ease of selection of a unique collection of multiple server IPs. This group simplifies zone transfer configurations by helping you quickly add/ update a long list of primary or secondary server IPs.
Updating IPs in a Server IP Group will not be reflected in primary/secondary domain configurations where the particular group was used.
How to create Server IP groups in ManageEngine CloudDNS?
To create a new server IP group:
- Select the Config menu at the end of the menu bar on the left-hand side.
- Under the CONFIGURATION section, select Zone Transfer. Select the Server IP Group tab.
- Click on the Add Group button displayed on the page. The Add Group dialog box appears.
- Key in an identifiable name for the server IP group into the Group Name text box.
- Key the list of IP addresses into the Server IP text box one by one and click the Add button after each entry. On clicking Add button, each entry is inserted into the Servers List box located below.
- The first entry to occupy the Servers List box is given the top priority and the IPs that follow are given priority in the order of their addition.
- Once you're done updating the list of IP addresses to the new Server IP Group. Click Save.
The Server Groups you create here are only used while making zone transfer configurations.
How to assign a server IP group to a zone transfer configuration?
To assign a server IP group to a zone transfer configuration:
- Navigate into the primary or the secondary zone of your choice.
- Click on the Zone Transfer button in the top right corner.
- For a new zone transfer configuration click on the respective Primary/ Secondary Servers button, or, for an existing zone transfer configuration, just navigate to the Primary / Secondary server(s) section and click on the edit icon on the extreme right.
- The Add Primary/ Add Secondary servers dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the field with the label IP Group. A dropdown adjacent to the field displays the list of Server IP Groups already created. Select the group of your choice.
- With that single selection, you can see the list of all IP addresses under that IP group is directly inserted into the Primary/Secondary Servers List box at the bottom.
- You can also add multiple server IP groups created under the Config menu to bring in several IPs into the Primary/Secondary Servers List box with just a single click.
- Moreover, you can add any additional IPs not included in the selected Server IP group(s) by directly typing them into the Server IP text box, and clicking the Add button after each entry.
- Once the required list of primary/secondary server IPs is updated in the Primary/Secondary Servers List box, click Save.
In the Primary/Secondary Servers List box, the first entry is given the top priority and the IPs that follow are given priority in the order of their addition.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Zone Setup in ManageEngine CloudDNS
What are Zone Files? The DNS zone file is a unit of administrative control managed by a dedicated authoritative DNS server to store authoritative DNS information for a domain. A Zone file comprises of the data for a domain and also possibly for its ...
Zone Groups in ManageEngine CloudDNS
What is a Zone Group? A Zone group is a quick-curated list of a unique collection of multiple zones that simplifies zone management in CloudDNS. How to create or edit a zone group in ManageEngine CloudDNS? To create a new zone group: Select the ...
Zone Transfers in ManageEngine CloudDNS
Configuring ManageEngine CloudDNS as a primary DNS provider If your organization works with multiple DNS providers you can deploy CloudDNS as the primary provider, in parallel with other third-party primary or secondary DNS providers. Under this ...
ManageEngine CloudDNS REST API- Documentation
API Calls Generating Access Token Login to https://clouddns.manageengine.com and click on user profile in the right corner of the Navbar Click on view client credentials and copy the client ID and client secret. Make an API call to ...
Contact Groups in ManageEngine CloudDNS
Contact Groups CloudDNS enables you to group specific users under your organization to create special contact groups. While creating a domain, you can associate the relevant contact group to be notified of alerts or incidences concerning that domain ...