Too many alerts for the same reason from a machine keeps generating multiple tickets in SDP MSP. You can use the below script to auto-merge the requests and auto close the ticket.
What does this script do ?
The Merged tickets description will be added as a note to the parent ticket in SDP MSP using the script and auto closes the ticket.
Example : Ticket A with Subject ABCD Server is Down. Ticket B with Subject ABCD Server is Up
When ticket B comes in, if it matches with the condition of the subject in the ticket A, both tickets will be merged. Now the merge ticket looks like,
Subject: ABCD server is UP.
Description: Ticket A description
Note: Ticket B description.
Conditions of the subject to be matched, can be added in the script as shown below,
Steps to follow :
1. Download the zip file attached and unzip it.
2. Copy and paste the files present in it under ManageEngine\ServiceDesk Plus MSP\integrations\Custom_scripts.
3. Create a Business rule under Admin for the respective account/site as in the attachment (refer to Business rule configuration.png file)
4. In the configuration.json file, please update the right URL (using which you will connect the SDP MSP instances) and technician key. Generate the technicianKey for administrator and provide it. You can create technicianKey from Top right of the product user interface -> API key generation.
2. Description is mandatory in the duplicate request as the Description content will be added as notes in the parent ticket.