SCP 11.0 and Jira integration
In SCP 11.0, JIRA administrator credentials and server URL
configuration fields will not be available in the Jira.xml file. They
must be configured on the current integration page.
Follow the below steps to move the integration files to the appropriate directories.
Note: If you are already using JIRA integration with any customizations in earlier versions,
please take a backup of the customized files and move the files as
mentioned below and then update the customization changes in the new
- Move the Jira.xml file present inside [SCP_Home]/actionplugins/jira/conf/ to [SCP_Home]/integration/conf/ directory.
- Move the jiraimpl.jar file present inside [SCP_Home]/actionplugins/jira/ to [SCP_Home]/integration/lib/ directory.
- Move all the integration files present inside [SCP_Home]/actionplugins/jira/resources/ to [SCP_Home]/integration/resources/ directory. (This is not required if you have already done this in earlier versions)
- Make the custom changes (if any) to the Jira.xml and restart the SCP server.
Configuring JIRA settings in SupportCenter Plus:
- Go to Admin >> Integrations >> JIRA or Global Settings --> Integrations --> JIRA (if multiple portals)
- Enter the Server name and Server Port where the JIRA
application is currently running and choose between HTTP and https
- Enter the JIRA administrator credentials (username/password) and Save the configuration. The password will be encrypted and saved securely in Database.
For configuring JIRA On Demand settings,
Enter the JIRA administrator credentials (username/API Key) and Save the configuration.
- Click 'Save' to save the settings.
Note: All other configurations other than username and password are still in Jira.xml.
Steps to create JIRA action menu:
- Create a new custom menu for Jira ticket creation under Admin > Request Custom Menu > Add New Menu.
- Menu Name > Create_JIRA_UI_Ticket (If you want to change the menu name then changes has to be done in Jira.xml too as the configurations are internally mapped)
- Description > Optional
- Associates Roles > Select the Technician Roles who should get access to this menu (Options: All Roles or 'Selected Roles')
- Associate Templates > Select the
Templates, under which this menu should be displayed (Options: 'All
Templates', 'All Incident Templates, 'All Service Templates' (or)
- Custom Html File > Create_Jira_Ticket.html (Make sure the HTML file is present under [SCP_Home]/Integration/resources/ directory.)
- Action Type > Select Execute Class > com.servicedeskplus.integration.JiraActionImplementation (Make sure the jar file is present under [SCP_Home]/integration/libdirectory.)
SCP 11.0 and above API documentation
SCP has a variety of APIs using which you can integrate 3rd party tools with our application. We have inbuilt API documentation. Please login to the application as administrator -> go to Admin -> General -> API -> Documentation to refer to the same. ...
Round Robin in SCP
Here is the custom trigger plugin for round robin auto assign feature Steps to follow 1. Extract the attached zip 2. Copy the Last_Assigned_Tech.txt and Round_Robin_Assign_Tech.json files to C:\\ManageEngine\\SupportCenter\\integration\\conf folder ...
Database migration from MySQL to Postgres/MSSQL in SCP 8.1
We no longer support the use of MYSQL as database in SupportCenter Plus. Hence, we request our users to migrate to Postgres (which is in-built) or Microsoft SQL. Please follow the below steps to carry out the database migration: 1. Shutdown the ...
Analytics - SupportCenter Plus integration PKIX path building failed (for SCP 11.0)
While syncing Analytics Reports, this error may appear where the self-signed certificate to sync both Analytics Reports and SCP will be missing. These traces (mentioned below) can be viewed in the file zrmeinteglog0.txt under the location ...
Script to satisfy first response SLA in SCP 11
As of now only for the following scenarios, First response can be marked in the SupportCenter application: * Notes addition * Worklog addition * Technicians manual response Apart from this if you want to mark any other actions in the application as ...