RBM - Steps to perform Test Playback
What is Test Playback?
Applications Manager's Real Browser Monitor works based on a playback script that is created during the monitor creation or recording of the transactions. This playback script will contain Locators
to locate the HTML elements on the webpage. These locators may be an id, name, XPath, CSS, etc. that is unique and point to a particular HTML element in the webpage. Out of these locators Playback script will have one best locator as Primary Locator
and others being saved for reference. Read more about locators
Now, during the actual data collection RBM will use only the 'Primary Locator' to locate the particular HTML element. If, for some reason, that primary locator is not working anymore or a better locator is to be chosen, then we can go for Test Playback.
During Test Playback, Applications Manager will actually try with different locators that are already available in the Playback Script and find the best possible locators for each HTML element. Those locators will be updated in the playback script and will be used for further data collections.
Steps to perform Test Playback
- Visit the monitor details page of corresponding Real Browser Monitor.
- Choose "Monitor Actions" -> "Edit Playback Script" option. Find the below screenshot for reference.
- 'Real browser script viewer' window will be opened as a pop up. Click "Test" to perform Test Playback. Find the below screenshot for reference.
- Applications Manager will perform smart test playback and update the script with the best possible locators.
- Once the test playback is completed successful, corresponding message will be shown.
- Click "Save" button before closing the 'Real browser script viewer' window.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
RBM - Enabling the Playback using Microsoft Edge browser
Note: Please note that playback using the Microsoft Edge browser is possible only in a Windows server with Microsoft Edge installed on it Please find the below steps to enable the Playback using Microsoft Edge in an EUM Agent: Download the EUM Agent ...
RBM - Configure Content Check using Playback Script
Related topic: Check out this link if you want to configure content check through the Chrome Extension (Web Transaction Recorder). Content Check option Applications Manager's Real Browser Monitoring allows to configure content check to be done on the ...
RBM - Chrome playback Troubleshooting
Chrome playback option not enabled Verify End User Monitoring Agent version. End User Monitoring Agent (version 17 and above) & Applications Manager (Build no: 15000 and above) is required Check error message in End User Monitoring Agent settings ...
RBM - FAQs
1. I am unable to create a new RBM monitor. Go to the Support tab and check the license Information. Verify if "EUM Add-on" option is enabled. If it is not enabled, contact email@example.com to purchase/trial the Add-on since RBM requires the ...
RBM - Enabling the Playback using Google Chrome browser
Steps to enable the Playback using Google Chrome in an EUM Agent: Download the EUM Agent & its compatible version of Applications Manager (Build version 15000 & above) that supports Google Chrome Playback. Click here to find the EUM Agent with ...