Problem occurs while adding MS SQL Monitor.
- Check if hostname/IP address is resolving correctly from Applications Manager machine.
- Check if port is able to telnet from Applications Manager machine.
- If instance name is provided, check the UDP port(Default: 1434) is reachable.
- Check the User should be permitted to access MASTER database. In MASTER database the user Requires VIEW SERVER STATE permission on the server.
If issue still persists, execute the file MsSQLDebug.bat under <AppManager-Home>\bin\troubleshooting and send the result.
Problem occurs while adding DB2 Monitor.
Solution: Check if hostname/IP address is resolving correctly from Applications Manager machine. Check the port is able to telnet from Applications Manager machine. Database name is case sensitive. Kindly verify the same. Make sure that user either ...
Problem occurs while adding Informix Monitor.
Solution: Applications Manager uses JDBC to connect to Informix. It will try to connect to sysmaster database in Informix. Make sure that the sysmaster database is present and informix user provided is able to connect to sysmaster database from ...
How is Backup Age calculated for MS SQL DB monitor?
Backup Age displays the number of hours passed since the backup operation was completed. In simple terms, it is the difference between the current time and the time at which backup was performed. Backup Age (hours) = Current Time - Backup Time By ...
Why are thresholds and alerts not working in Database tab metrics of MS SQL monitor?
In Applications Manager's MS SQL monitor, metrics under Database tab are collected once in an hour by default. Therefore, under Admin -> Performance polling -> MS SQL -> Database Metrics, the option 'Collect SQL Database metrics once in an hour' is ...
Azure SQL Database - FAQ
1. Why have we removed the Diagnostic Settings dependency in Azure SQL Database monitor? Till APM v15240: Azure SQL Database was using Diagnostic Settings to perform data collection. Prerequisites had to be fulfilled to turn on Diagnostic Settings ...