PPM Error : Problem encountered while performing database backup and restore
The PPM may fails due to two reasons
1. Access Permission
2. DB Corruption
Step 1: "Access Permission".
Access denied to write in hard drive like (c:),
Ask him to follow the steps below
- Go To OpUtils installed directory/OpUtils/firebird/ and check whether Restored_OpUtilsDB.fdb is created
- If Restored_OpUtilsDB.fdb is created then follow the steps below otherwise follow Step 2
- Rename OpUtils/firebird/OpUtilsDB.fdb to OpUtilsDB_old.fdb
- Rename OpUtils/firebird/Restored_OpUtilsDB.fdb to OpUtilsDB.fdb
- Again try applying ppm
- Note: No Need to follow Step 2
Step 2: DB Corruption
- Stop Firebird server. Copy the OpUtilsDB.fdb from Oputils/firebird/ directory to some other place for backup
- Take and keep a original copy of Firebird database for possible future use.
- Copy the firebird database OpUtilsDB.fdb from Oputils/firebird/ directory to Oputils/firebird/bin directory
- Rename the database OpUtilsDB.fdb to OpUtilsDB.fdb_1 which is under Oputils/firebird/directory
- Start OpUtils server
Open command Prombt and go to Oputils/firebird/bin directory:
gfix.exe -v -full -user SYSDBA -pass masterkey .\OpUtilsdb.fdb
gfix.exe -mend -user SYSDBA -pass masterkey .\OpUtilsdb.fdb
gbak -b -v -user SYSDBA -pass masterkey .\OpUtilsdb.fdb .\OpUtilsdb.fbk
Try to run them all, even if gfix shows errors.
If backup(Back up file name is OpUtilsdb.fbk it will be created by running the above steps) completed successfully, restore database:
gbak -c -v -user SYSDBA -pass masterkey .\OpUtilsdb.fbk .\OpUtilsdb_new.fdb
- Now Go to Oputils/firebird/ directory rename the OpUtilsdb.fdb file to OpUtilsdb.fdb_2
- Move the OpUtilsdb_new.fdb from Oputils/firebird/bin directory to Oputils/firebird/ directory
- Delete all files under logs folder
- Try to upgrade to 61000 build
- If issue occurs ask him to upload his DB Backup file along with current DB to analyze further.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
(Firebird DB) 60000 --> 61000 - Problem encountered while performing database backup and restore
The PPM may fails due to two reasons 1. Access Permission 2. DB Corruption Step 1: "Access Permission". Access denied to write in hard drive like (c:), Ask him to follow the steps below Go To OpUtils installed ...
Restore Firebird database schedule backup
Please follow the below steps to restore the DB from back up. Start the OpUtils services Go to the directory where you have the OpUtils DB backup (Scheduled backup) EX:c:\Program Files\AdventNet\ME\OpUtils\ScheduleBackup Unzip the desired scheduled ...
Repair corrupted firebird database
If Firebird database is corrupted, please follow these steps to fix it: Stop Firebird server. Don't use corrupted database - it leads to further corruption. Also, do not copy Firebird database when Firebird server is running - it leads to corrupted ...
OpUtils Database Migration from Firebird to Postgres
OpUtils can be upgraded till 80000 build with Firebird database , any further upgrade needs either MSSQL or Postgres as database , here are the steps for the Firebird to Postgres DB migration: 1)Stop OpUtils Service 2)Take a complete OpUtils Folder ...
DB restore template
Hi, Ask him to Follow the steps below Step 1: Stop OpUtils Service Take a Manual Backup of entire existing setup(just zip the directory) Uninstall the OpUtils Service completely from his setup Clean up the OpUtils Folder if it has any files ...