DNS names are not resolved across the ipam/spm. Why?
By Design, OpUtils will query the DNS Server to get the DNS Names for the IP Addresses.
Please follow the below steps and check the reported issue.
1. Add your DNS server(s) from Settings > OpUtils > IPAM > General (Ignore if it is already added)
2. Select the "Resolve DNS" Settings > OpUtils > SPM > General (Ignore if it is already added)
3. Scan all devices in SPM, Mac-to-IP Mapping, Subnets.
4. Now check the DNS Name for IP Addresses. If issue persists, please follow the below Solution 2.
If DNS Name not resolved after the above settings then check nslookup for those IP Addresses from the OpManager/OpUtils installed machine. If DNS Name not resolved through nslookup then you need to add DNS entries in DNS Server.
If DNS Name resolved through nslookup but not in OpUtils, then follow the below the steps and upload us the output to check the issue further.
If issue not resolved:
If Solution 1 & 2 not resolves the issue, then please get the below files to troubleshoot the issue
1. Screenshot of nslookup which resolves the DNS Name, The OpUtils Page which does not shows DNS Name
Go to <OpUtils_Installation directory>/Nmap/ Directory through command prompt
Run the following commands
1. nmap -sn -PE -v -R <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
2. nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput2.xml -oN NmapOutput2.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
3. nmap -sn -PE -v -R <IP_Address> --dns-servers <as comma separated without space> -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 --dns-servers 192.168.1.2,192.168.1.3 -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 --dns-servers 192.168.1.2 -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
4. nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R --system-dns <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput4.xml -oN NmapOutput4.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v --system-dns -d3 -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput4.xml -oN NmapOutput4.txt
Upload us the output files.
(Windows) IP Address shows incorrect status in IPAM. How to fix this?
Ask him to follow the steps below and get output for the IP Address is up, but OpUtils noted as Down. Step 1: PS: Skip this step if already performed or non-windows OS Go to Settings -> OpUtils -> IP Address Manager There will be a Note option ...
(Linux) Why subnets in IPAM not scanned?
Take Screenshots/Output for all the below commands for troubleshooting and giving solution asap Scenario 1 : If nmap not works in linux machine, We have to change mode to executable. Resolution: Go to OpManager/Nmap directory via terminal. Exceute ...
(Windows) Subnet scan not completed in IPAM. How to fix this?
Hi, Go to -> Installation Folder --> \Nmap\ Install the "npcap-xxx-oem" file if it is not installed already Install the "vcredist_x86" file if it is not installed already Install the "vcredist2008_x86" file if it is not installed already Now go to ...
Device Type details not displayed in IP Address Manager
Description: For the monitored IPs under IP Address Manager, the Device Type feild is empty or not defined. Cause: OpUtils fetches the Device Type details from Active Directory (AD). By design, from the DNS table, OpUtils fetches the IP and ...
Subnets are not discovered in IPAM from routers. Why?
Hi, By Design, We discover subnets from ipRouteTable(Oid: 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199) from routers. Ask him to check the issue in our mib browser tool and send the screenshot of the MIB browser output for the above OID. Also Please give the attached ...