OpUtils - DNS Not resolved across the ipam/spm
By Design, OpUtils will query the DNS Server to get the DNS Names for the IP Addresses.
Please follow the below steps and check the reported issue.
1. Add your DNS server(s) from Settings > OpUtils > IPAM > General (Ignore if it is already added)
2. Select the "Resolve DNS" Settings > OpUtils > SPM > General (Ignore if it is already added)
3. Scan all devices in SPM, Mac-to-IP Mapping, Subnets.
4. Now check the DNS Name for IP Addresses. If issue persists, please follow the below Solution 2.
If DNS Name not resolved after the above settings then check nslookup for those IP Addresses from the OpManager/OpUtils installed machine. If DNS Name not resolved through nslookup then you need to add DNS entries in DNS Server.
If DNS Name resolved through nslookup but not in OpUtils, then follow the below the steps and upload us the output to check the issue further.
If issue not resolved:
If Solution 1 & 2 not resolves the issue, then please get the below files to troubleshoot the issue
1. Screenshot of nslookup which resolves the DNS Name, The OpUtils Page which does not shows DNS Name
Go to <OpUtils_Installation directory>/Nmap/ Directory through command prompt
Run the following commands
1. nmap -sn -PE -v -R <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
2. nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput2.xml -oN NmapOutput2.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput1.xml -oN NmapOutput1.txt
3. nmap -sn -PE -v -R <IP_Address> --dns-servers <as comma separated without space> -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 --dns-servers 192.168.1.2,192.168.1.3 -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
nmap -sn -PE -v -R 192.168.23.104 --dns-servers 192.168.1.2 -oX NmapOutput3.xml -oN NmapOutput3.txt
4. nmap -sn -PE -v -d3 -R --system-dns <IP_Address> -oX NmapOutput4.xml -oN NmapOutput4.txt
eg:- nmap -sn -PE -v --system-dns -d3 -R 192.168.23.104 -oX NmapOutput4.xml -oN NmapOutput4.txt
Upload us the output files.
OpUtils Plugin Not works after revert 12200 PPM
Steps: Windows Go to OpUtils-IPAM Plugin installation folder or <OpManager_Home>/OpUtils using command prompt(Run as Administrator) Execute DisableStandaloneMode.bat Go to <OpUtils-IPAM Plugin_Home>/bin or <OpManager_Home>/OpUtils/bin using ...
(Windows Machine) IPAM - IPaddress shows incorrect ip status
Ask him to follow the steps below and get output for the IP Address is up, but OpUtils noted as Down. Copy the attached txt file to OpManager_Insall_Dir/bin directory. Rename the file to IPAMWalk.bat Open a command prompt and change directory to ...
(Windows Machine) IPAM not showing/partially showing the ipaddresses in subnets
Hi, Go to -> Installation Folder --> \Nmap\ Install the "npcap-xxx-oem" file if it is not installed already Install the "vcredist_x86" file if it is not installed already Install the "vcredist2008_x86" file if it is not installed already Now go to ...
Enabling SSL in OpUtils using .PFX certificate
1.Start OpUtils service 2)Login to OpUtils webclient > Click on Settings (new UI) > Click on Enable Secure Communication , make a note of the SSL port ( Default port: 7443) > Save. 3)Restart OpUtils service 4)Now SSL is enabled with self signed ...
OpUtils Database Migration from Firebird to Postgres
OpUtils can be upgraded till 80000 build with Firebird database , any further upgrade needs either MSSQL or Postgres as database , here are the steps for the Firebird to Postgres DB migration: 1)Stop OpUtils Service 2)Take a complete OpUtils Folder ...