Reason: During Monitoring, The message 'Service is not running' or 'Resource is not available' is displayed if the service/resource is actually not running in that host or the service is more loaded that it takes more time to respond.
False alarms are also generated when services such as Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, Ports, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL are more loaded and take time to respond.
Check for the following:
1.Can ping the host - "ping <host>". Also, check if there is any spelling mistake in the hostname.
2. Execute the Telnet command- "telnet <host> <port>" from AppManager machine.
3. Check if the Subnet mask provided is correct. Inspite of the checks, if you still get the error, send the support information file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solution: By default, if the service does not respond within 15 seconds consistently in all regular polls, alarms are being generated. You can change this default value of 15 seconds. To do so, follow the steps given below.
1. Edit the file AMServer.properties located in the <Applications Manager Home>/conf directory.
2. Change the time (in seconds) set for am.sockettest.timeout attribute as 60
3. Restart the Applications Manager Server