Deprecation of Basic authentication in Office 365
Microsoft has started removing the ability to use Basic authentication in Exchange Online for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), POP, IMAP, Remote PowerShell, Exchange Web Services (EWS), Offline Address Book (OAB), Outlook for Windows, and Mac. You will not be able to configure your mail server setting with Office 365 email with basic authentication
Hence you need to configure your Office 365 email in your mail server setting with EWS OAuth setting
You can check the details of the "Deprecation of Basic authentication in Office 365" in the below link:
ServiceDeskPlus-MSP offers mail server with Modern Authentication (OAuth 2.0) from build 10511. So you can use the same to overcome the reported issue. In case you are lower builds. We recommend you to upgrade the application to the latest.
For the time being, please check the below mentioned:
1. Go to Admin > Mail Server Settings > Incoming > Stop Fetching > Change the protocol to POPS (for the time being) and check if it's getting successfully.
2. If the above doesn't help, set the configurations as mentioned below:
Connection Protocol - EWS
Authentication Type - Basic
3. If the "Authentication Type" basic doesn't work, you can switch to "OAuth" and configure the mail server settings.
For more details on OAuth, please refer to the below link:
Please refer to the below KB link for OAuth configuration:
Please refer to the link for the details on EWS OAuth configuration from Azure
Please refer to the YouTube link for OAuth configuration:
- Use Firefox browser
- Ensure all the details are correct.
- Use the below in scope
Scope: EWS.AccessAsUser.All, offline_access >> Copy, paste this
- Check the Redirect URL, if its incorrect you can modify it under Admin >> Self Service Portal. While configuring the Oauth, the application should be logged in with the URL, not by localhost or IP.
- Use the support email address credential for authentication