Not able to add monitors when the machine has a different locale and is not SNMP enabled.
Reason: To add a machine as a monitor in Applications Manager, the following methods are used:
1. Do a "ping" through code.
2. If SNMP is enabled, check the SNMP agent and get data from it.
3. Use Native Ping (ICMP Ping).
In this particular case, since the machine has a different locale, normal ping method is ruled out. SNMP is also disabled. If logged in as a normal user, Native ping will also not work.
Solution: Native ping requires Administrative privileges to work. So the user should be logged in as Administrator while starting Applications Manager to solve this problem and enable monitoring of the system.
SNMP Troubleshooting Guide
1) Please check the snmp agent is running in problematic remote server or not. 2) if it is running then execute the snmpwalk.bat / snmpwalk.sh This snmpwalk is used to check if the connectivity and the Discovery of the SNMP Server is possible from ...
Azure Virtual Machine - FAQ
1. How is data collection happening for Azure Virtual Machine monitors? Microsoft Azure monitor discovery modes in AppManager: AD Application mode Organizational Account mode OAuth mode Azure VM monitor - Data collection methods: Azure Monitor Azure ...
SNMP is installed in the server and SNMP request is getting timed out
Make sure whether SNMP is installed and running in the server. Also refer here in case you are not able to view monitored data. If SNMP is running and the SNMP request is still getting timed out, follow the below troubleshooting steps : Check ...
I'm trying to monitor an SNMP device but am unable to add SNMP/Network monitor.
Applications Manager should be able to access the SNMP device Make sure the host and SNMP port of the device is accessible and open from Applications Manager machine If the version is v1/v2, make sure the community string provided is correct. If the ...
I'm not able to monitor the JBoss Application Server and I get an error message.
The below troubleshooting steps are for JBoss version 6 and below. Step 1: JBoss host and Applications Manager host are not accessible from each other. Applications Manager collects JBoss MBean details by directly connecting to the JBoss JNDI Naming ...