No data available in 'Availability Groups' table under 'AlwaysOn Availability Groups' tab in MS SQL monitor
Solution: Check whether 'VIEW ANY DEFINITION' permission is given to monitor AlwaysOn Availability Groups. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Connect AlwaysOn enabled server in SQL Server Management Studio with the username which is used to monitoring in APM.
- Execute select * from sys.availability_groups.
- Possible results of the above query.
- Returns a row for each availability group for which the local instance of SQL Server hosts an availability replica.
- Even though the connected server is a replica of an availability group, it returns an empty row.
- Exception like "Invalid object name 'sys.availability_groups' " thrown.
- If the result is 'a' and it does not display the Availability group Details in APM UI, then share SIF and Screenshot of the AlwaysOn Availability Groups Page
- If the result is either 'b' or 'c', then 'view any definition' permission is not given for the SQL user.
- Refer the below link to grant permission for 'VIEW ANY DEFINITION'