Navigating to Monitor group(s)/ Web Application group(s) summary page freezes or throws page unresponsive error
Problem: Navigating to some of the Monitor group(s)/Web Application group(s) inside Applications Manager using Chrome or Mozilla throws error stating page became unresponsive. Screen may freeze or hang after loading for some time.
Reason: This is because some web pages in Applications Manager requires Flash to be allowed to run for showing some graphs and charts. This is disabled by default in Chrome and Mozilla.
Fix: Enable Flash in the browser from which you are using Applications Manager.
Steps to Enable Flash in Firefox:
1. Click the menu button and choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
2. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Plugins panel.
3. Look for Shockwave Flash on your list. Set it to Ask to Activate.
Steps to Enable Flash in Chrome:
1. To the left of the web address, click Lock icon or Info icon.
2. To the right of "Flash," click the Arrows label.
3. Choose 'Always allow on this site'.
4. Reload the page.
1. The above mentioned steps are valid for AppManager builds below 14400.
2. Since the support for Flash has been removed from Chrome 88, the steps cannot be performed in APM builds below 14400 and user needs to upgrade the build.