1. Stop the NetFlow Analyzer service.
2. Backup the old Netflow DB and restore on to the new DB server (Connect MSSQL client using SQL Server Management Studio and backup netflow database and restore it new server).
3. From the New MSSQL SERVER, copy the files bcp.exe and bcp.rll to NetFlow/bin/ folder.
4. Please make sure that "SQL browser" service is running in the new server.
5. Download the same version of MSSQL server Native client and install it on the NetFlow server. This is needed for NetFlow Analyzer Plugin to communicate remote database server. After installing the Native client, please restart the NetFlow Analyzer server.
Once installed the native client please follow the below steps and check if it works or not:
Open command prompt as Administrator and navigate to NetFlow_Home/bin
bcp.exe and check if you get the option or any error. If you get the
error, then check the error and install the package as mentioned in the
error message and execute the bcp.exe again. You should get proper
4. Make sure that the database user for netflow has "sys admin" permission.
If using Windows Authentication for the MSSQL database follow the 5th set or skip.
Stop Opmanager service. Right click on NetFlow Analyzer service name ->
Properties -> Log on -> This account -> Provide MSSQL server AD
account and save it.
6. Make sure that the database user for NetFlow has "sys admin" permission.
7. Open a cmd prompt as administrator, and navigate to /NetFlow/bin/.
8. Execute ChangeDBserver.bat -> Select MSSQL and Provide the New MSSQL server IP
9. Check if all the information is correct for new SQL server, click Test first and then Save the configuration.
10. In the MSSQL database server right click on the netflow db -> New Query and execute the below quries one by one:
OPEN MASTER KEY DECRYPTION BY PASSWORD = 'Password123'
ALTER MASTER KEY ADD ENCRYPTION BY SERVICE MASTER KEY
alter master key regenerate WITH ENCRYPTION BY PASSWORD = 'Password123';
10. Start the NetFlow analyzer service, wait for couple of hours and check the reports.