Modem Based SMS Configuration
Any Modem that supports the following pre-requisite conditions can be used with OpManager.
1.Modem\Mobile must have GSM functionality.
2. Must have provision for inserting SIM.
3. Should support 7bit (GSM default alphabet), 8bit and Unicode (UCS2) encoding.
4. SMS is sent using AT Commands..... (Should respond for AT commands). [Test using Hyperterminal]
To check the port at which the modem/mobile is connected:
Go to My Computer->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager- >ports.
Here you will find the port to which the Modem\Mobile is connected.
If it is not available, then
Go to My Computer->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Modems.
How to Configure SMS Notification:
1. Start OpManager.
2. Go to Admin->SMS Server Settings.
3. Type the port number to which the modem/mobile is connected in the SMS Server Settings page.
4. If the Mobile\Modem is connected to the specified port, the Mobile\Modem details are shown.
5. Configure an SMS alert from Admin->Notification Profiles->SMS Alert->Modem based SMS and associate to the devices.
OpManager is ready to send the SMS notifications whenever an alarm is generated.
System detects the port to which the modem/mobile is connected but OpManager fails to detect it:
Ensure that the mobile or modem is supported in OpManager.
Ensure that the correct port number is correct and is of the format - COM5 or com5.
Also check for the validity of the SIM.