1. Stop the application on the production server.
2. Take a trimmed backup
of the application (backup without attachments) if you are using the default PgSQL database. If you are using MSSQL, you can take a SQL backup (.bak).
and install the same build of the application on the new server. Start the application and check by connecting to the UI.
4. Stop the application.
5. If the DB is PgSQL, restore
the backed-up data (.data file).
6. If the DB is MSSQL, and if the database is going to be on a different server as well, you can create a new database, restore the SQL data (.bak) and map the database with the new installation. If the database is going to be on the same SQL server, simply map the existing production database to the new installation. Please ensure that you have a proper SQL backup whatsoever before performing the migration.
- > To map the database with the new install, go to supportcenter/bin, and execute changedbserver.bat. Mention the SQL server details and save.
7. Start the application, connect to the UI and check if the data is fine.
8. Once the connection is established on the new server, stop the application. And move the below folders from the old server to the new server under supportcenter directory.
Note : By default, fileAttachments get saved under supportcenter folder. If you have specified a different path for file attachments, move the folder to the correct file path. You shall find the file attachment path in Admin - > Global settings - > Settings - > Other settings - > file attachments path.
9. Once done, start the application.