Question : I have OpManager with MSSQL DB and both are installed in same server. I want to move both from one server to another.
1. Take a SQL DB backup using SQL Management tool.
2. Download and install a fresh setup of OpManager in the new server with same build number as in the old setup.
3. During installation, select the DB as MSSQL and give the DB name as OpManagerDB.
4. Once the installation is completed, start the OpManager service and make sure if it works fine.
5. Stop the OpManager service.
6 Restore the MSSQL DB backup(taken from old server) in the new server using SQL Management tool(under the name OpManagerDB).
7. In the new server, navigate to OpManager home directory-->conf-->take a backup of customer-config.xml file.
8. Now go to the old server, navigate to OpManager home directory-->conf-->copy the customer-config.xml file and paste it(replace the old file) in OpManager home directory-->conf folder of the new server.
9. Start the OpManager service.