Here are the steps to go about migrating OpManager to a new server:
1. Please click on Support->About on the OpManager webclient to make a note of the build number of the existing OpManager installation.
2. Take a backup of your existing database by following the instructions on the below link,
3. On the new server, download the same build of OpManager from the link below and install it
4. Install OpManager first and see if it starts fine, once it is started, please stop OpManager service and proceed with the restoration process as stated below,
Copy the backup files to the new server.
Open a command prompt (as an administrator) & navigate to \\OpManager\bin\backup directory.
You can then restore the backup file using the RestoreDB.bat followed by the path of the backup file on the new server
For example :
Once the restoration is complete, start OpManager service.
5. Copy the files AdventNetLicense.xml, petinfo.dat and product.dat from the OpManager/lib folder of your old server and paste in under the same location of the new server, restart the OpManager service and this will have your license updated.