1. What happens to Azure monitor in Applications Manager when you delete any of the supported services from the Azure portal?
- When you perform a delete operation on any of the supported Azure resources in the Azure portal, the respective monitor will automatically be deleted in Applications Manager in the Azure parent monitor's next poll.
- Furthermore, an entry will be added in Audit logs upon deletion of Azure monitors in Applications Manager. You can check this under Admin -> Tools -> Audit logs -> choose Actions as 'Azure monitor deletion'.
2. What are the different modes of adding an Azure monitor in Applications Manager?
- AD Application & Service Principal:
- You have to create an AD App & Service Principal and assign a role for the same in the Azure portal. This will enable you to obtain the Client ID and AppKey information which you can then use to add a monitor in Applications Manager. Refer the prerequisites to know more.
- Azure Organizational Account (Powershell):
- We create AD App & Service principal and assign role and generate ClientID and AppKey by executing PowerShell script using Org account credential. Refer the prerequisites to know more.
- You have to create an AD App & Service Principal, assign a role to the same and perform App registration in the Azure portal.
- Then, you have to configure OAuth Provider in Applications Manager (Admin → OAuth Provider).
- You can then choose the created OAuth Provider in new monitor page to add the Azure monitor. Refer the prerequisites to know more.
3. What are the APIs used for data collection?
Note: Troubleshooting for other Azure services (SQL, VMs, and Storage Account) monitoring are available in the K-base separately.