Mail fetching Stopped when processing a mail with Invalid From Address
- [13:18:44:385]|[04-17-2023]|[com.manageengine.servicedesk.mail.core.ProcessMailMessage]|[INFO]|: com.adventnet.servicedesk.mailutils : setFromAddress()|
- [13:18:44:385]|[04-17-2023]|[com.manageengine.servicedesk.mail.core.ProcessMailMessage]|[SEVERE]|: Exception in getting fromAddress......so setting Not Provided by default|
- [13:18:44:385]|[04-17-2023]|[SYSERR]|[INFO]|: javax.mail.internet.AddressException: Local address contains control or whitespace in string ``Spam Report''|
- [13:18:44:385]|[04-17-2023]|[SYSERR]|[INFO]|: at javax.mail.internet.InternetAddress.checkAddress(InternetAddress.java:1365)|
- Invalid mail address sent by mail sender. In most of the cases, this kind of mails are sent from customer mail sending tools or mail failure notifications say bounce mail, server error etc. When parsing the from address and gives us null value. converting tolowercase without handling null check give raise to an exception, which in turn stops the mail fetching schedule.
- IncomingMail.setFromAddress throws NullPointerException when processsing such from address values. A temporary workaround is given to the customer to ignore Exception in the attached fjar . However, with that fix, the requester of the request is set as "Not Provided" (An user is created with the display name as "Not Provided"). This issue is fixed and a meaningul name will be fetched (if available in mail details) in 14304 Build.
- Issue ID : SD-110562
Fjar Details :
Build compatibility : 14101 - 14103, 14202
How to Apply the fjar?
- Download the attached fjar file.
- place it inside the fixes directory at <servicedeskplus_home>.
- Restart the servicedeskplus application server.
New to ADSelfService Plus?