Unable to fetch email when encrypted mode is enabled on POP in the mail server.
Error trace in logs:
javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Command is not valid in this state.
Reset the password format on the exchange server to the Normal format. This can be done by running a query on the exchange server shell.
Follow the steps below to configure the POP service to use Plain Text Login:
1. Open Exchange Management Shell from Start -> Programs -> Microsoft Exchange 2007.
2. Enter the following In the shell,
set-POPsettings –logintype plaintextlogin
3. Press Enter.
4. From the Services panel restart the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.
5. Restart SDP MSP application service and login.
6. Re-enter the password under Admin->mail server settings->Incoming and save.
Now click start fetching, it should work fine.