JBoss 7 & above : Unable to add monitor
Note : The below troubleshooting steps are for JBoss version 6 EAP, 7 and above.
for lower versions.
For JBoss version 7 and above, Applications Manager collects data via JBoss Management Interface. The management URL should be accessible from Applications Manager machine. The default management URL is http://<JBoss Host>:<Port>/management
If you are unable to add the monitor, follow the below steps :
- JBoss machine is not accessible from Applications Manager
- Make sure JBoss machine is reachable from Applications Manager machine, and the management port is open.
- Management URL is not accessible from JBoss machine
- If management URL is not accessible from JBoss machine ( http://localhost:<PORT>/management) , then the management interface is not active. Please follow JBoss documentation to add management interface in JBoss server for respective versions.
- Refer here for JBoss EAP versions.
- Refer here for JBoss AS 7 versions.
- Refer here for JBoss Wildfly versions.
- Management user should be added in order to access management URL.
- Execute the add-user.sh(bat) file under <JBOSS-HOME>/bin/ directory.
- Restart JBoss server
- Ensure that the same user credential is used while adding the monitor
- Management URL is accessible from JBoss machine, but not from Applications Manager machine
- Make sure remote access for the management interface is enabled in JBoss server :
- To make managemenet URL accessible remotely, modify the configuration file ( standalone.xml for standalone server, domain.xml for domain setup). Change jboss.bind.address.management:127.0.0.1 to jboss.bind.address.management <IP of the JBoss machine>
- Restart JBoss server
- Incorrect user details provided
- Please make sure you provide management user's username & password while adding the monitor
- Crosscheck the password provided.
I am unable to add monitor for JBoss 6 EAP
While adding a new JBoss monitor in Applications Manager, select version '7.x' from the JBoss version drop down to add monitor for JBoss 6 EAP versions. If the issue still exists, reach out to our support with the screenshot of the error obtained to ...
Unable to add MS Office SharePoint monitor
Check if all the prerequisites are done. The prerequisites can be found here: https://www.manageengine.com/products/applications_manager/help/prerequisites-for-applications-manager.html#SharePointServer WMI Mode If unable to add the SharePoint ...
Unable to add Exchange Server monitor
Check whether all the prerequisites are done. The prerequisites can be found here: https://www.manageengine.com/products/applications_manager/help/prerequisites-for-applications-manager.html#ExchangeServer WMI Mode If unable to add the Exchange ...
Unable to add Active Directory monitor
1. Open command prompt in administrator mode and navigate to <Applications Manager Home>\working\conf\application\scripts directory. 2. Execute the below command replacing hostname, username and password with that of the Active Directory server: ...
Basic WMI connection check when unable to add monitor
Follow the below steps to check the WMI connection when unable to add the monitor in WMI mode. Supported monitors: Active Directory, Microsoft Dynamics CRM / 356 On Prem, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Skype for Business, Network Policy Server, ...