Integrating Microsoft Teams with Applications Manager using Webhook
Microsoft Teams is a personal/workplace communication and collaboration platform that helps you stay connected over chat, calls, and video meetings. Using Webhook, you can now integrate Microsoft Teams with Applications Manager and receive real-time alerts on network faults right in your team channel.
Step 1: Configuring MS Teams
Step 2: Configuring Applications Manager
- In Applications Manager web client, go to Actions > Webhook / REST API action.
- Enter the display name of the action.
- Paste the webhook URL generated by Microsoft Teams in the HTTP(s) URL field.
- Choose the Form Submission Method as POST.
- Choose the PayLoad Type as JSON.
- In the Custom Parameters textbox, add the following content:
"text":"Monitor Name : $MONITORNAME <br> Attribute Name : $ATTRIBUTE <br> Severity : $SEVERITY <br> Host Name : $HOSTNAME <br> Message : $RCAMESSAGE"
Under Request Headers, specify the Header Name as Content-Type and Header Value as application/json.
Enter the remaining fields such as User Agent, Authentication Method, etc., if required.
Select the email ID in Notify after action execution for both success and failure conditions to receive notifications, if required.
Finally, enter the Timeout value and click on Create Action.