How to upgrade Real User Monitoring Agent?
Currently, we don't have an update manager for the RUM Agent. Therefore, you need to uninstall the old agent and install the new RUM Agent.
Steps to upgrade RUM Agent
- Take a backup of <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ folder and place it outside of the RUM_Agent home folder.
- Uninstall the Old RUM Agent.
- Install the new RUM Agent.
- Do not start the agent yet.
- Make the following changes in the new agent CONF files using the files in backup folder as reference:
- In awsadapterconf.properties file, update the "webserver.port" key with the RUM Agent's HTTP port.
- In sslservers.properties file, update the "rumagent" key with the RUM Agent's HTTPS port.
- If Geolocation API was configured earlier,
- Replace the GeolocationAPIResources.xml file in the new agent with the backup file.
- In AppServer.properties file, update the value of "geo.api.type" key as in the backup file.
- If HTTPS connection was enabled earlier,
- Replace the sslcerts folder in the new agent with the backup file.
- In AppServer.properties file, update the value of "apm.rum.isHttps" key as in the backup file.
- Open the rumagent.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/sslcerts/ folder.
- Remove the encryptedkeypass key (if present).
- Update your keystore password in keypass key and save the changes.
- Start the RUM Agent.
- To verify if the RUM Agent has been upgraded successfully, access the RUM Agent web console (http://agenthost:agentport/)
- RUM Agent version and Applications Manager connectivity status can be seen in the RUM Agent UI (Supported only from RUM Agent version 3.5)
RUM Agent will be mapped to AppManager with the details provided in the installation shield.
Other help links
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
Real User Monitoring Agent - Frequently asked questions
How to change Applications Manager details in RUM Agent? Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor. Update Applications Manager hostname in apm.host key. Update Applications Manager SSL Port ...
Self monitor Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring
We can monitor the Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring with a Java Script injection and this can be used to measure the Applications Manager's performance continuously. All you need is to install and setup the Real User Monitoring (RUM) ...
How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
By default, Real User Monitor does not show ISP data of end user. To get ISP data, you can make use of any third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM supports only APIs that return the response in JSON format. When you have purchased any Geolocation ...
How to upgrade End User Monitoring (EUM) Agent?
Currently, we don't have an update manager for the EUM Agent. Therefore, you need to uninstall the old agent and install the new EUM Agent. Steps to upgrade EUM Agent: Take a backup of <EUMAgent_Home>/conf/ folder and place it outside the EUM_Agent ...