How to update ADManager Plus' built-in PostgreSQL database
- Before updating your PostgreSQL database, update your ADManager Plus instance to the latest build by following the service pack installation steps. The service pack's version must be same as that of the new build that you will be installing on your server.
Steps to update your ADManager Plus instance's PostgreSQL database
- Stop ADManager Plus by navigating to Start > All Programs > ADManager Plus > Stop ADManager Plus.
Note: If you have installed ADManager Plus as a Microsoft Windows service, stop the service by navigating to Start > Run > services.msc > ManageEngine ADManager Plus > Stop.
- Navigate to <Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\bin and execute the backupDB.bat file to back up the database of your current installation. This will create a folder called Backup inside ADManager Plus' installation folder (<Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\Backup), which will contain your database backup file (e.g., OfflineBackup_20161129235853.ezip).
- You can also do this by running Command Prompt as an administrator, navigating to <Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\bin, and executing the backupDB.bat file.
- ADManager plus uses a CryptTag value as its default database backup file password for enhanced protection, and this can be found in the customer-config.xml file.
- Make a copy of the following folders and files:
- Archive, ES, and esdata folders from the installation folder of your existing ADManager Plus instance (<Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus).
- Customer-config.xml file of your existing ADManager Plus instance from the <Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\conf folder.
- If you are going to install your new ADManager Plus instance on the same server, navigate to the InstallShield Installation Information folder (C:\Program Files (x86)>InstallShield Installation Information) and rename the CC00BC3F-40AE-49A7-BA63-FE2F93D20585 folder to CC00BC3F-40AE-49A7-BA63-FE2F93D20585_bak.
Note: The InstallShield Installation Information folder is a hidden folder and can be viewed by clicking the View tab in File Explorer and checking Hidden items.
- Now, download and install the latest build of ADManager Plus from here. Do not start the product after installation. This can be done by unchecking the Start ADManager Plus in console mode option in the setup window.
- Paste the copied Archive, ES, and esdata folders in the installation folder of your new ADManager Plus instance (<Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus).
- Locate and replace the new customer-config.xml file with the copied customer-config.xml file from step 3.
- Obtain the backup file of your old instance and paste it in the bin folder (<Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\bin) of your new ADManager Plus instance.
- Restore the database backup by running Command Prompt as an administrator, navigating to <Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\bin and executing the batch file, restoreDB.bat, in the following format:
restoreDB.bat backupFileName -p
(e.g., restoreDB.bat OfflineBackup_20230215191814.ezip -p)
- When you are prompted for a password, copy and paste the CryptTag value from the customer-config.xml file of your old instance. The CryptTag value is the default database password and is used only when a password is not specified in the Security and Privacy settings of ADManager Plus.
- Now start the product.
Steps to check your PostgreSQL database's version
- If you are running ADManager Plus build 7150 and above:
- Log in to ADManager Plus and navigate to Support.
- Under Upload Logs, click More.
- Under Product Information, find the Database type.
- If you're running other ADManager Plus build versions:
- Navigate to <Installation Directory>\ADManager Plus\pgsql\bin.
- Execute the following command:
New to ADSelfService Plus?
How do I extend screen time for ADManager Plus
The screen time or the session expiration time can be extended by following either of these methods. You can change the session: 1. By modifying the account settings . Click the icon in the top-right corner of the home page. Select My Account > ...
How to enable SSO in ADManager Plus
ADManager Plus offers a built-in option to configure Active-Directory-based SSO to access or log in to it. This SSO option supports both NTLMv2- and SAML-based authentication. Steps to configure SSO to log in to ADManager Plus Click the Delegation ...
ADManager Plus Best Practices
Best practices, 1.Please make sure that scheduled reports are configured in a proper time interval of atleast 5 minutes between each schedule. 2.Please check the list of scheduled reports and remove the unnecessary scheduled reports.(Login as the ...
How to install ADManager Plus in AWS
Steps to install ADManager Plus in Amazon Web Services EC2 instance: Logon to your Amazon Web Services (AWS) account. Select the configured EC2 instance and click the connect button. Connect to your Windows instance using: RDP client by downloading ...
Active Directory-ADManager Plus data synchronization
Objects in Active Directory (AD) have to be synced and updated to ADManager Plus as frequently as possible for an unobstructed AD management and reporting experience. ADManager Plus triggers different types of sync at different time intervals, ...