How to take console log ?
This article is common for Servicedesk plus MSP and Supportcenter plus applications.
To troubleshoot certain UI issues , JS errors , we need console log (output) from the browser.
Steps to follow :
1. Login to the application.
2. Right click on the page and hit Inspect element.
3. Click Console as shown below.
4. Access the product user interface and recreate the issue.
5. You might see some errors like below
Send the complete snapshot of the error trace.
6. Along with it , send the browser used and its version details
Along with it send below details :
- zip the logs folder present under Product installation folder (ServicedeskplusMSP or Supportcenterplus) based on the application use.
- If the file size is huge , you can upload it to https://bonitas.zohocorp.com/
- choose appropriate product name and if you have existing ticket ID , share it in the comment section for reference.
- Provide the exact time of issue recreation.
- Build number of the application. You can know it from the About us in the top right of the application.
- Database type used (PGSQL - Default or SQL DB)
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Transaction log full
Logs: Depends On Me: com.adventnet.persistence.DataAccessException: [TierComponent] The transaction log for database 'supportcenter' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot be reused, see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in sys.databases ...
Backup Issue - Stream closed error
Backup Error - Stream closed error : I request you to follow the below steps and take a trimmed back and check the case. 1. Shut down the application. 2. Edit the backUpData.bat (present under SupportCenter\bin folder) and tune the backUpData.bat as ...
Error when Processing Request during Upgrade - Version8121 - 11
Error: While upgrading 8121 to 11011 when you get the below shown error, Cause of the error: The issue with the Upgrade is that the System defined user kept getting deleted and it was because of data anonymization. Solution : In 8121, Go to ...
How to invoke threaddump_non_ui.txt
Please do follow the below steps when the Application goes slow or unresponsive : First you would need to find the Process id of Java which runs the Application. How to find it ? When you start the Application and start using it, you will have a ...
How to take a connection dump for analyzing performance issues?
For Performance/slowness issues instead of taking Threaddump manually or instead of invoking PerformanceTool make use of the below URL when the issue occurs, http://servername:portnumber/servlet/PerformanceDebug Note: The above URL works even when ...