1. Find out the build number of the live server.
You can know it from About Product (inside ? icon)in the top right of the user interface.
2. Download the same version from the below link
if your build number is 8108 then download 8108 build
3. In the test install the downloaded build.
4. Start the service once and then Shutdown the service.
5. Then Restore the backup data which is taken from the Live server.
* Restoring Data Steps:
Go to [Supportcenter Home]\\bin
execute the command restoreData.bat
It will open a new window browse the backup file and click ok to start the restore operation.
In case , you have taken the trimmed backup, you need to paste the copied folder like inlineimages , fileAttachments , images , index folders present under SupportCenter folder
under the same location of the new instance.
6. Once the above process is completed, Start the service
PS : Don't uninstall the old installation till you are sure that all the data is moved properly
Now login to the portal and change the Incoming and outgoing mail server address else the users will get notifications and the emails will also be fetched wrongly in this instance as well.