How to query SNMP Variables in OpManager?
The MibBrowser utility is a handy tool to troubleshoot SNMP issues.
You can query an SNMP variable on a device to check for its response.
Using this utility, you will be able to:
- assess the availability of SNMP on the device
- query a variable for response
- make sure whether a variable is implemented or not on a device
Here is how you can use the MibBrowser to troubleshoot/query a variable:
1. Invoke the MIB Browser.bat file from /bin' directory.
2. Click the LOAD icon and browse and load the required MIB.
3. In the Mib Browser UI, provide the name of the device which you want to query in the host name field.
4. Expand the MIB on the left tree and select the required variable which you want to query
7. Click the GETSNMP Variable icon. You will see the query response in the text area.
In the above screenshot, you see the response to the CPU variable from HostResource mib on a Windows device. Load the relevant vendor mibs similarly and expand the required table, select the OID and query.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
SNMP WALK from OpManager MibBrowser
SNMPWalk allows you to detect a set of variables that are available for reading on a certain device. In this way full descriptions of variables and possible values are displayed. The SNMPWalk uses the SNMP GETNEXT request to query the agent on ...
How to Receive SNMP informs in OpManager?
SNMP Notifications can be sent as Traps or Inform requests. Traps are unreliable because the Manager does not send any acknowledgment on receiving the Trap. So, the Agent cannot determine whether the Trap was received by the Manager or not. However, ...
Server Disk utilization Formula(SNMP)
OpManager uses HostResources.mib and its OIDs to calculate the disk utilization. The OIDs(and the responses) that you have to check are 1).18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.3.1.2 :hrStorageType 2).126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.3.1.4 : hrStorageAllocationUnits ...
Device discovered as unknown even through configured with SNMP credential in OpManager
Issue: Device discovered as unknown even after adding the SNMP read community. Reason: The device may not be configured properly with SNMP or OpManager is not configured properly with device SNMP community. Resolution: You may check for the ...