How to move the application to another server when you have a MSSQL Database ?
1. Since you have MSSQL database, take a .BAK backup from the existing SQL server and restore the data on to the new SQL server in the SQL Studio.
Follow the regular steps of restoring Microsoft database.
2. On your new server,
the 64 bit application(64bit.exe). Install only the build that you are currently using. Before that ensure you are using 64-bit server too.
3. Once installed, Start the application, login to double check if you have installed the right build from Help->About at the right top.
Then, stop the application.
5. Once you get the success message, Start the application.
6. Login to the application and check your data.
7. Now copy the below folders from the old instance to the new instance.
Fileattachments, inlineimages, custom, images under \ManageEngine\ServicedeskPlus MSP.
8. License can be applied under Help->License once you login to the application. License file
can be obtained from the OLD installation folder under \ManageEngine\ServiceDeskPlus-MSP\lib.
If you have any issues, kindly contact us through
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Move database from one machine to another
Following is the procedure to migrate your ServiceDesk Plus – MSP database from one MSSQL to another. Step 1: Stop ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus – MSP service. Step 2: Take a backup of the existing data and configuration under MSSQL database. From ...
How do I convert the database from PGSQL to MSSQL?
1. Stop ManageEngine ServiceDeskPlus – MSP service. 2. Take a backup of the existing data and configuration under PGSQL database by following the below steps. Open CMD as an administrator and execute command to start the data backup. ...
How do I move ServiceDeskPlus – MSP from one server to another server?
Following are the steps to move data from the existing server to a new server. Before you start, click stop fetching under Admin->Mail Server Settings->Incoming in your existing instance. So that the mails in the servicedesk mailbox will be fetched ...
Linux to Windows server migration
For migrating the server from Linux to Windows refer the steps Please take a backup of the Linux installation and restore it on the Windows Server. If you are using MSSQL, install the same version of the application on the Windows and update the SQL ...
How do I convert the database from MSSQL to PGSQL ?
Kindly plan to perform this process ONLY during Non Operational hours. You can do this process in the same server that you have SDP MSP installed. Step 1: Stop the application and Take a backup of the existing data in the application. Navigate to ...