How to integrate ServiceDesk Plus with ADSelfService Plus?
By integrating ServiceDesk Plus and ADSelfService Plus, you get to:
- Automate ticket creation in ServiceDesk Plus for every self-service operation performed by end users using ADSelfService Plus. This empowers help desk technicians to keep track of users' self-service actions, and follow-up on them, if needed.
- Provide single sign on to ServiceDesk Plus through ADSelfService Plus. This one-click access offers enhanced user experience, as the users do not need to login multiple times to access different applications.
This article gives you the step-by-step instructions to integrate ServiceDesk Plus with ADSelfService Plus.
Step 1: Link ServiceDesk Plus with ADSelfService Plus
Download and install ServiceDesk Plus.
Log into ADSelfService Plus web-console with admin credentials.
- Navigate to Admin tab → Product Settings → Integration Settings.
- Click the ServiceDesk Plus tile.
- In the Server Name or IP field, enter the name of the server in which ServiceDesk Plus is installed.
- Enter the Port Number used by ServiceDesk Plus.
- Select a Protocol (HTTP/HTTPS) from the drop-down list.
- Enter the API Key generated in ServiceDesk Plus for a technician with login permissions.
- Click Update.
Upon integration, carry out the below steps to configure automatic ticket creation.
Step 2: Configure automatic ticket generation
- Click the Configurations tab in the ADSelfService Plus web-console.
- Under Available Policies, click the Advanced Settings icon corresponding to the Policy that you wish to edit.
- Navigate to Notification tab → Notify Admin.
- Select the Create request in ServiceDesk Plus check box. Define the attributes of the request and enter them in JSON format.
- To learn more about the different attributes that can be used in the request, follow the below steps.
- Log into ServiceDesk Plus.
- Navigate to Admin → General Settings → API.
- Click the Documentation link.
- Click the Request tab. A comprehensive list of all the attributes that can be used in a request are catalogued here.
- Click OK.
Your help desk technicians can now track the user’s self-service operations through ServiceDesk Plus with the automatically created tickets in the Requests tab.
Furthermore, users can now instantly access ServiceDesk Plus portal from the ADSelfService Plus, by clicking the Helpdesk tab.
Like this tip? Get the most of ADSelfService Plus by checking out more tips and tricks here
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Self-service password reset and account unlock for Chromebook devices
The Chromebook is Google's low-cost alternative to traditional laptops. Unlike Windows, macOS, and Linux machines, a Chromebook runs on the Chrome OS. Users can login to their Chromebook using their AD domain credentials, if their device has been ...
Did you know – How to customize the ADSelfService Plus mobile app?
Solution With the ADSelfService Plus mobile app, end users no longer have to be tied to the desk to manage their Active Directory domain password, unlock their account, and change their password from anywhere and at anytime without help desk ...
Display custom messages at Reset Password/Unlock Account pages
Description Reset Password/Unlock Account process in ADSelfService Plus is self-descriptive and easy to use. However, if you want to inform end-users of any specific details or change the look and feel of the pages, you can do so manually. This gives ...
Migrating from ADSelfService Plus 32-bit to ADSelfService Plus 64-bit
This article will help you migrate from ADSelfService Plus 32-bit version to the 64-bit version. Before you begin 32-bit to 64-bit migration is possible only between the same builds. For example, you cannot migrate from a 32-bit version of build 5310 ...
Completely rebrand ADSelfService Plus to match your organization’s requirement
Description You can completely overhaul ADSelfService Plus with your own organization’s logo, images, theme color, etc. ADSelfService Plus gives you complete control when it comes to renovating the look and feel of the Web portal. The net result is ...