How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
By default, Real User Monitor does not show ISP data of end user. To get ISP data, you can make use of any third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM supports only APIs that return the response in JSON format.
When you have purchased any Geolocation API follow below steps to configure the API details in RUM Agent.
- Open the GeolocationAPIResources.xml file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor.
- Add third-party API details into the GeolocationAPIResources.xml file similar to the sample API (http://me-apm-ip.com/json) format present in the file.
- Add unique resource key value for resource argument.
- Each API expects IP address to be sent in different params, so find params in which IP address should be sent and provide the key in ipKey.
- Each API returns ISP and location data in different keys, so find the keys which contain country, country code and ISP data and provide the keys in countryKey, countryCodeKey and ispKey.
- Now open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor and update the value for the key geo.api.type with that of the resource value given in GeolocationAPIResources.xml file.
- Save the files and restart the agent.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<GEO-API-DETAILS resource="1" url="http://me-apm-ip.com/json"
ipKey="ip" responseType="JSON" countryKey="country" countryCodeKey="countryCode" ispKey="org"/>
<GEO-API-DETAILS resource="2" url="http://ip-g3-location.com/json"
ipKey="ip" responseType="JSON" countryKey="location" countryCodeKey="regionCode" ispKey="isp"/>
<GEO-API-DETAILS resource="3" url="http://zoho.iplocation.com/json"
ipKey="ipAddress" responseType="JSON" countryKey="cn" countryCodeKey="cncode" ispKey="org"/>
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
Real User Monitoring Agent - Frequently asked questions
How to change Applications Manager details in RUM Agent? Open the AppServer.properties file located under <RUMAgent_Home>/conf/ directory in any text editor. Update Applications Manager hostname in apm.host key. Update Applications Manager SSL Port ...
How to enable HTTPS connection between end user and RUM Agent?
By default end user data will be collected and sent via HTTP connection to RUM Agent. To enable HTTPS connection you should have an valid SSL Certificate (not an self signed certificate). When you have valid SSL Certificate follow below steps to ...
Troubleshooting URL Monitor
Here are few of the common errors you may come across in URL monitor, we have mentioned the steps you can follow to troubleshoot them. General troubleshooting for URL monitor Ensure that the URL is accessible from the server in which Applications ...
REST API Monitor - FAQS
1. What should I do when Basic Authentication fails in REST API monitor? Verify if the credentials provided in the Applications Manager are correct. Try if sending username and password in Authorization request header works Get an BASE-64 encoded ...