How to fix "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"?
Data source rejected establishment of connection message from server: "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Reason: The Client does not support authentication protocol error can occur when the user trying to add the latest mysql server using old mysql connector in Applications Manager.
Solution: To update the latest mysql connector, you can follow these steps:
- If the .jar file is not present, you can download it from here (for MYSQL versions older than 5.6) or here (for MYSQL version 5.6 and newer).
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Find mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin.jar or mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar file and rename the file as mysql_connector.jar
- In the machine, where Applications Manager is running, copy the downloaded mysql_connector.jar to <Applications Manager Home>/working/mysql/MMMySQLDriver/ directory.
- Restart Applications Manager.
For the following issues also solution is same:
- Invalid authorization specification message from server.
- Unknown character set index for field '255' received from server.