How to fix "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client"?
Data source rejected establishment of connection message from server: "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Client does not support authentication protocol error can occur when the user trying to add the latest mysql server using old mysql connector in Applications Manager.
Solution: To update the latest mysql connector, you can follow these steps:
- If the .jar file is not present, you can download it from here (for MYSQL versions older than 5.6) or here (for MYSQL version 5.6 and newer).
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Find mysql-connector-java-3.0.10-stable-bin.jar or mysql-connector-java-5.1.46.jar file and rename the file as mysql_connector.jar
- In the machine, where Applications Manager is running, copy the downloaded mysql_connector.jar to <Applications Manager Home>/working/mysql/MMMySQLDriver/ directory.
- Restart Applications Manager.
For the following issues also solution is same:
- Invalid authorization specification message from server.
- Unknown character set index for field '255' received from server.
New to ADSelfService Plus?