How to deploy EventLog Analyzer as a service?
EventLog Analyzer as a service can be deployed in two ways:
- Via the command prompt:
- Establish a remote connection with the server where EventLog Analyzer is installed.
- Open the command prompt with Admin privileges.
- Navigate to C:\ManageEngine\EventLog Analyzer\bin folder.
- Execute the following commands sequentially to ensure that the instance is not running:
- Execute the following command to install EventLog Analyzer as a service.
- service.bat -i
- Go to services.msc and start the ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer service by executing the service.bat -t command.
Note: These are the commands related to ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer service:
- Install the service: service.bat -i
- Start the service: service.bat -t
- Stop the service: service.bat -p
- Restart the service: service.bat -r
II. Via the EventLog Analyzer UI:
- Login to the EventLog Analyzer web console as an Admin.
- Go to the Settings tab ⇾ System Settings ⇾ NT Service ⇾ Install as a Service.
- Enter the service logon account details in the prompt to complete the action. You can provide the credentials of domain admin or the account dedicated for log collection.
We have provided a step-by-step
guide to set up EventLog Analyzer for smooth log management. Refer to the install/uninstall
and the start/shutdown guides and get started.
Introduction to EventLog Analyzer
What is log management? An enterprise network consists of different entities—perimeter devices, workstations, servers, applications, and more. Each entity records every activity that unfolds within it in the form of logs. These logs hold information ...
Enabling historic log collection in EventLog Analyzer
EventLog Analyzer collects all the logs present in the Windows Event Viewer (i.e., Windows Logs > Application, Security, System) when the historic log collection option is enabled. To enable historic log collection, follow the steps below: Navigate ...
How to apply a license file in the EventLog Analyzer instance?
Follow these steps to apply a license file to an EventLog Analyzer instance: Open the EventLog Analyzer GUI and login as Default Admin. Click on the ? icon in the right-top corner. Navigate to the License option. Browse and choose the license file ...
DAE service failure during startup
Open the <dir>:\ManageEngine\EventLog Analyzer\logs\wrapper.log file. Search for DAEService status in the wrapper file. If it hasn't been created, look for the serverout_yyyy-mm-dd.txt file from the same day in the logs folder. Check whether the ...
Windows agent service is not running
Establish a remote connection with the machine running the agent. Open services.msc and check if the ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer agent service is running. Open a web browser and ensure that the EventLog Analyzer web console is accessible. Open the ...