How to deploy ADSelfService Plus over the internet?
Deploying ADSelfService Plus over the internet will allow end-users who are on the move to access the tool from anywhere, anytime.
- Register an IP address (say 188.8.131.52) and a public hostname (like ADSelfService.yourdomain.com) with your Service Provider.
- The IP address for "ADSelfService.yourdomain.com" should resolve to "184.108.40.206". (This will be predominantly handled by the Service Provider)
- Configure Firewall rules (or access-list in router) redirecting "http" requests for IP address "220.127.116.11" to the LAN IP address "192.168.200.254".
Now, users should be able to access ADSelfService Plus with the public hostname you have created.
You can let external users connect to ADSelfService Plus using the "www" host name by creating an alias or CNAME record for the DNS server on which you have configured IIS. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open DNS Manager: Start --> Administrative Tools --> DNS.
- In the console tree, right-click the applicable Forward Lookup Zone, and then click New Alias (CNAME).
- In the Alias name box, type the alias name that you want to use.
- In the Fully qualified name (FQDN) for target host box, type the fully qualified host name of the public hostname that you have registered for ADSelfService Plus (see Step 1).
- Click OK to add the new record to the zone.
New to ADSelfService Plus?