How to configure your GSM modem?
ADSelfService Plus allows you to send notifications and verification codes via SMS. To send a SMS, you can use any one of the following methods:
- GSM modem
- Clickatell (built-in support)
- Custom SMS gateway
Configuring GSM Modem
GSM modem prerequisites:
- Support for 7-bit, 8-bit, and 16-bit encoding.
- The modem must be connected to the serial communication port.
Follow these steps:
- Connect the GSM modem to the serial communication port of the server.
- Log into ADSelfService Plus with admin credentials. Go to Admin → Product Settings → Mail / SMS Settings.
- Click the SMS Settings tab. From the SMS Provider drop-down, select GSM modem.
- Enter the port number the modem is connected to in Modem Port Number.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Provide the Modem Port Speed.
- Specify the Message Centre Number and SIM PIN Number.
Note: If the content exceeds 160 characters, it will be sent as multiple messages. To find the modem port, go to My Computer → Manage → Device Manager → Modems → (select your modem) → Properties → Modem
New to ADSelfService Plus?
How to configure custom SMS provider in ADSelfService Plus?
ADSelfService Plus lets you use any one of the following methods to send an SMS: GSM modem Clickatell (built-in support) Custom SMS gateway Configuring custom SMS gateway You can configure a custom SMS gateway to send notifications and verification ...
Encryption and data storage in ADSelfService Plus database
Encryption in the ADSelfService Plus database ADSelfService Plus' database uses the following encryption methods to store sensitive data: Database Encryption method PostgreSQL AES-256-CBC Microsoft SQL AES-256-CBC The following sensitive information ...
How to configure mail server in ADSelfService Plus with TLS / SSL?
All communication between ADSelfService Plus and your mail server can be secured with either Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Mail server requirements: TLS or SSL must be enabled in the mail server. The mail ...
How to customize the ADSelfService Plus mobile app?
Solution With the ADSelfService Plus mobile app, end users no longer have to be tied to the desk to manage their Active Directory domain password, unlock their account, and change their password from anywhere and at anytime without help desk ...
How to migrate the ADSelfService Plus installation from one machine to another
Description This article will guide you through the process for migrating the ADSelfService Plus installation from one machine to another. Important: Before you start the migration process, please update your ADSelfService Plus installation to the ...