How to change the database from MySQL/PostgreSQL to MSSQL
The below steps will illustrate how to do database migration:
1. Stop ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus service
2. Take a backup of the existing data and configuration under MySQL/PostgreSQL database by invoking the backupdata.bat in the location ManageEngine/ServiceDesk/bin/
for instructions to build a test environment to do this activity before implementing this on the Production server directly
3. Invoke ChangeDBServer.bat in the location ManageEngine/ServiceDesk/bin/
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to change the database from MySQL/PostgreSQL to MSSQL.
5. Start and stop the ServiceDesk Plus server once so that database tables are created in MSSQL
6. Now invoke restoreData.bat under and redirect the restore logs to an out.txt file, ManageEngine/ServiceDesk/bin/ folder. The data should now be restored under your MSSQL server instance. Follow the onscreen instructions to restore the latest backup data.
out.txt is a file redirected to bin directory which will store the restore activity, it helps us to analyse in case restore fails.
7. Start the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus service.
How to connect to the ServiceDesk database?
Open command prompt on the server and change the directory to MangeEngine\ServiceDesk\bin, invoke the batch file 'changeDBServer.bat' For MSSQL database Connect to the query analyzer of the SQL server and execute the queries. For PostgreSQL database ...
How to change the port on which MySQL runs
The following are the instructions to change the port for the MySQL database. 1. Edit the ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\Bin\StartDb.bat file and change "33366" to the port on which the default MySQL runs. 2. Edit the ...
How to connect to the AssetExplorer database?
To find the database connected to your installation, open Command Prompt with elevated permission, navigate to [AE-Home]\bin directory and invoke the batch file 'changeDBServer.bat'. [AE-Home] is Drive:\ManageEngine\AssetExplorer\ directory. ...
Failed to start the database
For the error "Failed to start the database", Check what database being used and, execute changeDBServer.bat. For Pgsql, Start PGSQL from the command link, execute StartDB.bat 65432 under C:\Manageengine\ServiceDesk\bin 65432 is the default port ...
How to connect PGSQL from a remote computer?
To remotely access a PostgreSQL database, you must set the two main PostgreSQL configuration files: postgresql.conf pg_hba.conf First of all, configure PostgreSQL service to listen on port 65432 on all network interfaces in Windows 7 machine: open ...