How to automatically enroll users with ADSelfService Plus?
- The ADSelfService Plus server should have permission to access the external database server.
- SELECT privilege over the database table(s) for the user account that will be querying the external database. This should be an account in the database application, or an Active Directory domain account if the external database is MS SQL.
How is it done?
- Establish a connection with an external data base
- Select Configuration → Administrative Tools → Quick Enrollment → Import Enrollment Data from External Database.
- Click on Add New Data Source.
- Enter the details and click Create to establish a database connection.
Fetch the enrollment data from the external database.
Click on to Add data fetcher.
Enter the details.
Type the appropriate Query to fetch data from the external database table.
Click on Save to save the configured settings.
To update the bulk user additions from the data source, periodically, click on Fetch Again to fetch new data.
A scheduler can be configured to search for new user additions in the data sources at different frequencies, as required, and enroll them with ADSelfService Plus.
Stay tuned to know on how to self-populate user information, using ADSelfService Plus.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
How to enable Partial Enrollment for Active Directory users in ADSelfService Plus
Active Directory domain users need to complete enrollment with ADSelfService Plus before they can use the below listed features: Self-service password reset Self-service account unlock Endpoint multi-factor authentication ADSelfService Plus' logon ...
How to enable offline MFA in ADSelfService Plus
ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus supports offline multi-factor authentication (MFA) for Windows machine logins, User Account Control (UAC) prompt elevation, and Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server authentication when the product server is ...
Free up unused ADSelfService Plus licenses
As employees enter and leave an organization, there may be a substantial amount of stale user accounts in Active Directory. Stale accounts should be removed from the purview of ADSelfService Plus so that the license assigned to them can be reclaimed ...
Configuring high availability in ADSelfService Plus
ADSelfService Plus utilizes automatic failover to support high availability in case of system and product failures. Essentially, this means that when the ADSelfService Plus service on one machine fails, another instance of ADSelfService Plus running ...
How to integrate ServiceDesk Plus with ADSelfService Plus?
Description: By integrating ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and ADSelfService Plus, you get to: Automate ticket creation in ServiceDesk Plus for every self-service operation performed by end users using ADSelfService Plus. This empowers help desk ...